| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Help- new rattle RH Front http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56338 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | new92xj [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Help- new rattle RH Front |
Hi, I have a rattle in the RH Front. I replaced the UBJ's and see that the lower a arms bolts on the frame were loose, making the holes lob longed? What do you think I can do to fix? A) Tighten or B) get a new front sub frame and rebolt everything? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help- new rattle RH Front |
The holes in the cradle should be oblong since that is the way you align it. If they were loose then you should get an alignment done to make sure its OK . Did you have the rattle before you replaced the UCAs? A little bit more information would be very helpful, such as year, if lifted, number of miles etc. Kind of flying blind not knowing those things. |
|
| Author: | new92xj [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help- new rattle RH Front |
sorry- 2006, 85 000 KM's (not miles), frankenlift has been on for almost 2 years. Rattle started before the UBJ's were replaced.Hmmm didn't think they should be ob longed- thats good to know. OK, I'll tighten and see if that helps. |
|
| Author: | new92xj [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help- new rattle RH Front |
ok, so I was not finding anything else- and take it up to my mechanic to put on the hoist- with no pressure on the tire you can't tell what is going on- but he put it back on the ground and the P.S. axle shaft will slide in and out- more then 1/4"- probably like 3/8 of an inch! (I'm at work) so I leave it there for him to pull out- it comes out and no clip on the inside! Its beaten up both inner and out female recepticals. He cleaned up the male ends- put a clip on, put it back in, but man the shaft moves way to much in my opion. It slides yes- but grab the middle shaft and the hole thing wiggles alot. Not normal.... Is it?
|
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help- new rattle RH Front |
If you are talking about the right side then You need a new intermediate shaft and new CV, end of problem, you can't " clean it up and put it back together" needs replacing for the intermediate shaft contact Eric 800-270-5224, or ericautopart@aol.com part is 70 bucks for JKJC or LOST members 174 off of dealer price, same part. Then go to NAPA for the CV, should be about 55-60 with exchange |
|
| Author: | new92xj [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help- new rattle RH Front |
thanks Tommudd! I'm in Canada, so I'll look for something here first! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|