It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Winch Mounting?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:18 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Madison, WI
Okay, so I wasn't sure if I should post it in here or in the KJ 4x4 discussion area, but here is my request...

I searched here high and low looking for a winch mount without a metal bumper and only found one that was mounted upside down and concealed (that I wasn't real crazy about).

So if you've mounted your winch (preferably on an 03 style bumper) using the factory plastic bumper and some type of fabricated winch mount. Please post up pics or links to your build. I'm trying to get ideas in case I go that route. Ultimately I'd prefer to go with and ARB winch bumper, but it's not in the budget right now.

So, could you please help me out???

Thanks!

_________________
"The power of imagination makes us infinite" - John Muir
DD Ride03 Limited KJ
Toy: 1961 Ford Fairlane http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3182277
Current Mods: Surco Safari Rack, K&N Filter, Curt Hitch, VR3 HU, Optima Yellow, Frankie II Prem & JBA's Gen 4.5 UCAs, Skid Row t-case skid, and more!
Coming soon:???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winch Mounting?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 4576
Here's an option for ya, http://www.detoursusa.com/kjbackbone.php


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winch Mounting?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Madison, WI
Thanks Buggin, That's exactly what I'm looking for!

_________________
"The power of imagination makes us infinite" - John Muir
DD Ride03 Limited KJ
Toy: 1961 Ford Fairlane http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3182277
Current Mods: Surco Safari Rack, K&N Filter, Curt Hitch, VR3 HU, Optima Yellow, Frankie II Prem & JBA's Gen 4.5 UCAs, Skid Row t-case skid, and more!
Coming soon:???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winch Mounting?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 4576
Glad to help :JEEPIN:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winch Mounting?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
jmichaelsjeep wrote:
Okay, so I wasn't sure if I should post it in here or in the KJ 4x4 discussion area, but here is my request...

I searched here high and low looking for a winch mount without a metal bumper and only found one that was mounted upside down and concealed (that I wasn't real crazy about).

So if you've mounted your winch (preferably on an 03 style bumper) using the factory plastic bumper and some type of fabricated winch mount. Please post up pics or links to your build. I'm trying to get ideas in case I go that route. Ultimately I'd prefer to go with and ARB winch bumper, but it's not in the budget right now.

So, could you please help me out???

Thanks!



Our KJ has a Detours Backbone winch mount.
A beautifully engineered piece of hardware.
Not difficult to install.
Here's a link to some photo's of it:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread. ... post535096
(Message #18 & 20)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winch Mounting?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:18 am
Posts: 373
Location: Lake County, Illinois
Hmmm...... glad I looked in on this.

I'm not really looking to mount a winch, but this does give me a viable option
for what I'd like to achieve.

Front recovery points, sturdy construction, & should be easy enough to modify
to suit my purposes.

Time to bookmark a web page. :rockon:

_________________
Brad
International Man of Mystery, Singer of Sentimental Ballads,
Soldier of Fortune, Guardian of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch,
Bass Player Extraordinaire, Keeper of the Eternal Flame
of the Immortals, Master Swordsman, The "5th" Beatle,
Expert Marksman, Stand-up Comedian, Martial Artist,
Jeep owner, and all around swell guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com