LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62271
Page 1 of 2

Author:  88BlueGT [ Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

Yea, its nice..... BUT, why didn't you buy a Wrangler ?!?

^^ This is the response I get whenever someone sees my 08 Libby (picked her up about a month ag0). Does anyone else get this type of treatment from other Jeep/Truck owners?

I love the Liberty but one of the main reasons why I didn't get a Wrangler was because the price difference between the two. THAN, last night, a good friend of mine from GA stopped by NJ to hang out for a few days and he drove his Wrangler. 2008 Black/Black 4dr w the 3/4 slanted cloth top.... OH MY LORD DOES IT LOOK GOOD! It certainly made me think about trading my Jeep in for something different. They're both extremely nice Jeeps, just different 'feel' to them each.

I'm having second thoughts on my Liberty now, anyone want a trade? LOL

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

Personal preference. I wanted and needed 4 doors and at the time the JK unlimited were sold out and wait listed in my area. Had I been able to find a 4 door wrangler used I probably would have bought it instead of the KJ in all honesty. But and I glad I got the KJ instead of a JK? Yes. I would hate to be stuck with that 3.8 minivan engine and now that I have a WJ I have my fully solid axle jeep for all those haters.

But when it comes to people hating on your KK dont let it bother you. If you like/love your liberty thats all that matters. My KJ has never once been a disappointment or a let down. Over the 3 years I have had her she has been nothing but a dream and if at all possible I will never have to sell her. The only issue I have had with the KJ is interior room. While its good enough for us now and will be for kids for the first few years it follows the jeep tradition of narrow and short. My wifes crv is smaller and has more room inside.

But fortunately I have the WJ to pick up family duty and can turn the KJ into a monster and something for the kids and I to mess around with on our future farm/plot of land.

Author:  kjon [ Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

I traded in my tj for a kj because i was driving thousands of miles a month and the wrangler sucked (on) gas, was too loud for cell phone use at highway speeds, and anyone with a pocket knife becomes a master locksmith around a soft top. Plus, a modded liberty is somewhat unique, and can be every bit as capable as a wrangler with some tweaking. wranglers are fun around town and on the trail, but the kj is far more practical as a daily driver. :2cents:

Author:  black and blue [ Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

the kk looks a lot better than the wrangler unlimited stock, in my opinion

Author:  CIMARRON13 [ Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

kjon wrote:
I traded in my tj for a kj because i was driving thousands of miles a month and the wrangler sucked (on) gas, was too loud for cell phone use at highway speeds, and anyone with a pocket knife becomes a master locksmith around a soft top. Plus, a modded liberty is somewhat unique, and can be every bit as capable as a wrangler with some tweaking. wranglers are fun around town and on the trail, but the kj is far more practical as a daily driver. :2cents:


Same here. I got rid of my 05 Rubicon (Nth Degree 6" lift on 35s) for my CRD. Getting at best 14 MPG, 4.88 gears, on the highway. It cost way to much to drive it to Colorado and Utah. I found I do more exploring and hiking places than I did rock crawling. The Liberty gets me to the same places I took the Rubicon, minus Pritchett Canyon, but on half the cost. One day I will get another one when diesel models are available here.

Author:  ATXKJ [ Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

I love Wrangers on the trail - but the trails are 900+ miles away from my house - I hate Wranglers on the highway.
(granted I was testing on 05 and the 07+ are better - but that wasn't an option in 05)

KJ will do the trails I want to do - and is much, much better getting to the trails.

Author:  JL Rockies [ Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

I usually get... whoa... it that a diesel? Did you swap the motor yourself?

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

I always look at it this way. I love ALL jeeps. But if you want to be a "true fanboy" you apparently need a wrangler. But then again the CJ guys will mock you in a wrangler, so to be a "true dyed in the wool fanboy" youll need a CJ.

and to end my post with a crappy internet meme.....Just sayin' :ROTFL: :-)r :ROTFL: :-)r

Author:  streetglideok [ Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

Its like this with Harleys. Guys will say anything but a hardtail isnt a harley, sportsters arent real bikes, if it isnt a shovel, it aint a bike, etc. Tell those wrangler guys, if they wanna get real about it, anything other then an ol' MB is strictly poser :ROTFL:

Taken from the biker world, Its not what you are drivin down the trail, its that you ARE drivin down the trail.

Author:  opelboy [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

Ive always liked the way a wrangler looks and i even liked how they handled on the road (test drive, never owned) but i need more room for haulin the family and mrs opelboy said a car seat wont fit in the back of a wrangler as nice as a 4door, so i talked her into the kj. so far i love it, it gets her to work no matter how icy it is. only got stuck once in the back yard in a snow drift that was 2ft deep and 30ft long. soon she is getting a van and i get the jeep all to myself :-)r im already making a list and copy/pasting pics of what im gonna do to it. im getting all kinds of ideas from you guys.

Author:  RED_KJ_666 [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

When people hear about our SFA swap they are always going on about why didn't you buy a wrangler? Number 1. Everyone has a Wrangler wait that's pretty much it lol. I'd buy another Libby over a wrangler after being in both.

Author:  blackwidowkj06 [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

I had a guy tell me straight to my face he didn't like my Liberty, but gave me props for having all the doors off, carpet out, backseat out and for having it lifted with big mud tires. That was harsh! :(
Needless to say, I was mad and.......................................................

When my Liberty was stock, I would always get picked on for having it. It was called a soccer mom's car alot and no one thought it could go off-road. Well, ever since I started modding it, more people have come up to me and have asked about. Saying how much they like my Jeep, asking what I've done to it and what I plan to do. It's been a 100% of men though looking at the Liberty and when they see a young woman like me (who's the owner) and especially when I start talking Jeep talk, they're blown away!

I think a stock Liberty will get crap from people, but once you start modding it, they shut up. :mrgreen: Especially after you lift it, put mud tires on it and add a nice aftermarket muffler. :D
I pulled a Chevy truck out with my Jeep. It was a former teacher of mine. Her husband got their old Chevy truck stuck and I told them I could pull them out. She didn't believe my Jeep could, but it did. Here's the video of it...I made her film the action! :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiKjlJvuYE

Author:  gtommec [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

I get this all of the time and the answer is quite simple I bought the Liberty because it is not a Wrangler, meaning it is not something you expect to be modded and off-roaded. I have always chosen the 'underdog' as my off road rig and them laugh when people make fun of them. Usually my rigs end up getting the respect that they deserve when people see them in action. Before the Liberty I wheeld a couple of Daihatsu Rockys, and endless Geo Tracker/Suzukis.

Author:  blackwidowkj06 [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

gtommec wrote:
endless Geo Tracker/Suzukis.


I like the Sammis :D

Author:  gtommec [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
gtommec wrote:
endless Geo Tracker/Suzukis.


I like the Sammis :D


yes but the Samurais are the Wranglers of the Zuk world which is why I chose Trackers :D

Author:  blackwidowkj06 [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

gtommec wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:
gtommec wrote:
endless Geo Tracker/Suzukis.


I like the Sammis :D


yes but the Samurais are the Wranglers of the Zuk world which is why I chose Trackers :D


LOL! Yeah they are.

I think I might take all the doors off for the last Somernites Cruise in October, just to see peoples faces. :ROTFL:

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

Yeah if I had a penny for every time a person laughed at or told me to my face its not a "real jeep" I would be able to quit my job for good.

But like so many have said I too like to pick the "underdog" even thouhg I dont really consider the KJ to be a true under dog. But it most certainly isnt a commonly modded jeep which makes it very special. Being that its different alone is worthy of my attention and love. But the fact that it is more capable then a wrangler ever could be is a HUGE plus. No matter what you say the KJ/KK will always be a much more capable rig then a wrangler. How so? Well sure we are limited by IFS, but youll never get a wrangler to be able to tow as much or store as much unless you get a 4 door and then you lose your advantage off road with the wheelbase.

Convert a KJ/KK to SFA and it will walk all over a wrangler in every category or at the very least be on level ground. On the plus side the KJ looks very similar to a wrangler with the way the hood slopes and the fenders flaring out. So that traditional heep look is easily had in a KJ.

So the question is other then for top down fun why would you buy a wrangler??? :JEEPIN:

Author:  blackwidowkj06 [ Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

I take me doors off to pretend I'm driving a Wrangler. :ROTFL:

In all honesty, I would buy a Wrangler simply for a SFA, doors are MUCH easier to take off and the fact I've wanted one forever. The plan is to pay-off my current heep and buy another heep (Wrangler). First mod to it would be carpet removal. It's so nice not to have carpet anymore. I need to buy vinyl flooring for the heep though.

This is what you can do with a 4dr JK
Image

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

Yeah I thought about getting a 4 door for a family vehicle, but we got the WJ instead. So I have my fully solid axle jeep and a v8 rolled into one. No need to get a sports car to compliment the jeep anymore. As much as I do love wranglers, there are other ways to get a factory SFA jeep. :)

Im really thinking about ripping the carpet out of the KJ once the WJ is setup and officially ours. Might just linex it, but Id LOVE to see the vinyl floor setup when ya get it.

Author:  ridenby [ Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Yea, its nice.... BUTTTT........

blackwidowkj06 wrote:

This is what you can do with a 4dr JK
Image

Yeah,sit in a parking lot posing. :JEEPIN:

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/