It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Flooding and my Liberty
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 108
Location: PA
I have to say that it's been handling it great. I'm not stupid enough to drive into moving water but I have gone through some pretty deep stuff. I dragged my neighbors Expedition out of his driveway in 2 1/2 feet of water with it too. It's been interesting.

_________________
04 Silver Subaru Forester 2.5XT turbo (300+ AWHP)
02 Green Jeep Liberty Limited (OME lift, with MOABs)
Liberty pic --> http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/ima ... mlff6d.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flooding and my Liberty
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Posts: 366
Location: Norfolk, VA / Carova Beach, NC
I know what you mean, when Irene was here it flooded so bad in places that i was driving with water cresting over my hood and although I do have a snorkel I was still impressed with the ease that the KJ took to the water.

_________________
Current Jeeps:
2004 KJ Sport, 1977 CJ-5 Renegade
Jeeps I no longer have:
2003 KJ Limited, 2002 KJ Renegade, 2002 KJ Sport 2WD, 2002 KJ Sport, 2000 XJ SE 2WD, 1998 ZJ Laredo, 1996 XJ Country , 1990 YJ, 1991 SJ Grand Wagoneer, 1979 SJ Wagoneer
Projects I am looking for:
1996-2001 XJ, 1980-1988 AMC Eagle Wagon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flooding and my Liberty
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:59 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm
Posts: 62
Location: Brooklyn, NY
If you haven't extended your breather tubes you probably got water in your fluids (engine, difs, T-case, transmission.) The air box is up very high but some of the breather tubes are only about 18" - 24" of the ground. It's the cheapest mod you can do to your Jeep that will save you the most money in the long run and only takes about an hour. There's a great write up about it somewhere on this site.

_________________
(Formerly just “scoobysnax”) '04 Liberty Limited - 245/70/16 Firestone Destination AT's, Mopar tow hooks, Draw-Tite Class IV hitch, Skid Row Engine & Transmission Skids, Mopar T-Case & Gas Tank Skids, Extended Breather Tubes, Red Top Optima, Sylvania Silver Star head lights, Hella 500FF bumper mounted driving lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flooding and my Liberty
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 108
Location: PA
scoobysnax789 wrote:
If you haven't extended your breather tubes you probably got water in your fluids (engine, difs, T-case, transmission.) The air box is up very high but some of the breather tubes are only about 18" - 24" of the ground. It's the cheapest mod you can do to your Jeep that will save you the most money in the long run and only takes about an hour. There's a great write up about it somewhere on this site.

I learned that the hard way a while ago. It's been done already. I don't have any water in my fluids luckily. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

_________________
04 Silver Subaru Forester 2.5XT turbo (300+ AWHP)
02 Green Jeep Liberty Limited (OME lift, with MOABs)
Liberty pic --> http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/ima ... mlff6d.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com