LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62470
Page 1 of 2

Author:  gtommec [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

So i came across this 2002 Limited Edition KJ for sale locally at a car lot in Virginia Beach, VA and thought for sure that with a build like this someone would recognize it. Are these custom bumpers or were they manufactured for the KJ? The front one looks familiar but like parts were added to it. This seems to have been built right when it was done, ARB Lockers, Warn Winch etc. I tried to talk my wife into trading her 04 in on it but she wouldn't :oops: . This is supposed to be a one-owner rig and it was originally sold in NJ.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Front spring/shock:
Image

Anyone else seen a KJ with the net in the tailgate like this? I have only seen it on one other KJ and that was in a brochure:
Image

They are asking 9K for it with 80K miles on it here is the info if anyone is interested: http://www.oceanautobrokers.net/used/Je ... tory=true#

Author:  Sir Sam [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

all very interesting.

Seeing the Line X on the bumper makes me wonder if at some point this was a promotional vehicle for lineX.

Author:  Lancer [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

I really like that rear bumper.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

Don't ever remember seeing it on any Jeep/ KJ related forum's I've been on in the last 7 years
Would of remembered those ugly a** bumpers for sure or I think I would of :dizzy: :5SHOTS:

Author:  Boomerang [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

Just saw the white one in another thread here or on the other jeep forum. It was lined up with 3 others as part of his collection, he didn't mention he was getting rid of any of them, but the white one was his, without question.

Author:  audiboy86 [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

Call the dealer and ask for some information on the bumpers or possibly ask if someone can give you some information on the bumpers. I have done it before if they think you are going to buy it the will tell you just about anything. Also if they try to feed you some B/S about the bumpers explain to them what you know about KJ bumpers. But Boomerang the white one is gtommec he owns quite a few KJs but we are curious about the Kaki ones bumpers.

Author:  BugginKJ [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

My guess is custom bumpers. Not my flavor but if ya like them they would be very easy to make. I also guess they work at a body shop or had a buddy that did.

Author:  gtommec [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

audiboy86 wrote:
Call the dealer and ask for some information on the bumpers or possibly ask if someone can give you some information on the bumpers. I have done it before if they think you are going to buy it the will tell you just about anything. Also if they try to feed you some B/S about the bumpers explain to them what you know about KJ bumpers. But Boomerang the white one is gtommec he owns quite a few KJs but we are curious about the Kaki ones bumpers.


yeah the white one is mine :lol: I test drove this KJ today and the dealer didn't know squat about the bumpers or anything else for that matter, He didn't even know it had the ARB lockers until i pointed the switches out. :roll:

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

Did you see where the compressor was mounted or if the lines are still intact to the lockers?

Author:  gtommec [ Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

tommudd wrote:
Did you see where the compressor was mounted or if the lines are still intact to the lockers?


no I didn't look underneath it all that well as i was not really interested in purchasing it, and it was starting to rain.

Author:  Voyager [ Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

Nice KJ. I'd probably buy it if I didn't already have one.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

im sure whoever had it swapped the tires

they could be the original SRA's or a set bought from someone who removed them from theirs

Author:  Boomerang [ Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

word.

:lol:

Author:  Sir Sam [ Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

I just noticed the back door has had the spare tire mounts "shaved" whoever did this thing up spent some time and money on that stuff, and based on the lineX on the custom bumpers, more and more I feel like this was done by some entity other than an individual owner, maybe an off road shop or something along those lines.

Author:  blackwidowkj06 [ Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

I was wondering where my old KJ ended up at



:ROTFL: :ROTFL:






Anyways....looks good but the front is saging from the weight of the bumper and winch.

Author:  gtommec [ Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

Sir Sam wrote:
I just noticed the back door has had the spare tire mounts "shaved" whoever did this thing up spent some time and money on that stuff,


I noticed that too, thats why i took the picture of it. Someone definitely spent some money on this build. I think you may be right though, it looks like maybe it was built maybe by an offroad shop or something like that maybe to advertise. It would be cool to find out who originally built it.

Author:  CRD Joe [ Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

No pics.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

gtommec wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
I just noticed the back door has had the spare tire mounts "shaved" whoever did this thing up spent some time and money on that stuff,


I noticed that too, thats why i took the picture of it. Someone definitely spent some money on this build. I think you may be right though, it looks like maybe it was built maybe by an offroad shop or something like that maybe to advertise. It would be cool to find out who originally built it.

Could have been in a accident and the rear swing gate had to be replaced and they had the shop fill in the holes before painting.USAFCOP's rear swing gate is the same why,no spare tire holder holes.

Author:  ATXKJ [ Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

I think the first owner spend money - and the second added junk on top.

the front looks like an SC (I think they did ship a few)
but then it has the junky brush bar welded on top
back almost looks like a Trailready minus the light protectors - and then a Mickey mouse spare tire support.

and Linex sprayed over to cover some of the mistakes.

don't think the second owner could maintain it.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

yeah, rear corner and bottom geometry looks much like a TR, cept.. it doesn't fit anywhere near as tight as a TR

the fabrication itself looks good, doesn't look like it's been real well cared for though

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/