LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

P0138 - O2 Sensor
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63453
Page 1 of 1

Author:  infernicus [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:44 pm ]
Post subject:  P0138 - O2 Sensor

Sooo I was driving my Jeep, minding my own business, when my CEL light comes on.
I currently have 79,7xx miles.
I drive straight to Advance Auto.

I read the code, it tells me
Image

P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Volts (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Doing a little search on here and the FSM, then cross referenced with the Parts Fiche, it looks like the Left Downstream sensor. (Am I correct to assume this?)

Do I just go ahead and buy a new one and swap it out?

56029049AA - Is this the correct part number?

Oh yeah, and what about the tool? Is it necessary on the Liberty?

Thanks in advance.
8)

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: P0138 - O2 Sensor

Thats where it is left side rear one
I just used a wrench on mine back there when I caught the wiring on a tree branch and ripped it out! :wink:

Author:  infernicus [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: P0138 - O2 Sensor

tommudd wrote:
Thats where it is left side rear one
I just used a wrench on mine back there when I caught the wiring on a tree branch and ripped it out! :wink:

Crikey!

Awesome, I'll crawl under the truck tomorrow to check it out.
I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow and pick one up.

Thanks, as per usual!

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: P0138 - O2 Sensor

Little trick to aid removal............

Start engine and let it run for about 5 mins,just enough to warm up the exhaust which aids in loosing the O2 sensor.Just be careful as the pipes will be warm/hot,more the cat but always makes for a easy time loosing the O2's.

Author:  infernicus [ Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: P0138 - O2 Sensor

As per usual, you guys are always right!

I crawl under my truck and I find this..
Image

LAAME>

So I drove to the dealer to get this..
Image

And now I have this.. (TRASH)
Image


YES, I know I could have fixed those wires, but with them being so close to the connector, I didn't feel like playing with it or the connector, plus the rubber heat shield was all messed up.

It took absolutely no time to swap out, rolled underneath, unclipped the wires, unscrewed the sensor, and bam, now I have a brand new O2 Sensor.
I haven't driven it yet, so hopefully the CEL light will go out.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/