LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

I made a topless KJ today:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65609
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  I made a topless KJ today:

So long story short, this is my parts CRD that has been in my backyard for like 3 years now, you could see the top of it over my fence but I kept a car cover on it(all you could see was some grey over the fence line), been that way for years and none of my neighbors had issue with it. Couple of weeks ago an old guy who doesn't even live next to me or on the same street came up to me and harassed me about "all these cars" and "been going on for years." Anyways the end result was that I got a letter from the city saying my "make unknown wrecked blue SUV" needed to be screened from public view followed by "FABRIC CAR COVERS ARE NOT SUFFICIENT"

After considering a couple of options(none of which seemed fair to my actual nieghbors and not the d!ck I wanted revenge on, I decided the simplest thing was to remove the roof making the vehicle lower, so it could not been seen over my fence.

So I took the doors off(only good for parts), chopped off the one good 1/4 panel, and the sliced off the upper roof and viola! Topless KJ.....I really wanna mad max it around now though!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Author:  HoosierJeeper [ Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

Maybe you could've just taken the wheels off? :lol: Good work though!!!

You should take the old roof and go lay it on that old guys lawn. :ROTFL: jk

Did you install that transfer case yet?

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

HoosierJeeper wrote:
Maybe you could've just taken the wheels off? :lol: Good work though!!!

You should take the old roof and go lay it on that old guys lawn. :ROTFL: jk

Did you install that transfer case yet?


I don't think the wheels would have netted me enough, but I thought about it.

I'm really trying to figure out some way to get back at this guy. I'm thinking of forming a 501c church and calling any vehicle I own a "religious icon" keeping me free from religious persecution.

I have not installed the transfer case, I think the likely order of events will be that I will use the transfer case in my MJ CRD swap to replace my failing XJ one, and then use the KJ transfer case I got from you in the MJ. The KJ transfer case is slightly different than the XJ, most notably the lack of the speedo sender on the tailhousing. If the output shaft is still cut for the speedo gear then simply installing my old housing with its casting for the speedo sender will be the solution. That and the front output yoke needs to be swapped from the CV style on the KJ to the ujoint style of the XJ.

In any case I'll get it figured out, but I think there is a good chance I will use it in my MJ, I also kinda like that solution since so many other of my components are brand new, engine, front axle etc, that I like having the lowest mileage possible drivetrain.

Author:  hooperswish [ Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

I wouldn't want to look at that crap either. I am with the guy who complained....sorry, just saying....put it in the garage. the yard is a MESS.
Devil's advocate...heh heh

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

hooperswish wrote:
I wouldn't want to look at that crap either. I am with the guy who complained....sorry, just saying....put it in the garage. the yard is a MESS.
Devil's advocate...heh heh


Ya I get that, and to be fair it is a mess, but its also not visible(out of sight out of mind eh?), the top of the KJ was, behind a cover, and now its not. The reason I store my crap there is because its not visible behind the fence, and its the side yard between my garage and the street, so its not my backyard where my patio is. Basically just unused space to me, hence the storage.

But with the top of the KJ gone, nothing is visible in my side yard, all nicely behind the fence.

I got not wanting to see a mess, and thats why I don't keep junk out where it can be seen, but the nice thing about living in a house with a fenced back yard is I can put crap back there behind my nice privacy fence.

Author:  audiboy86 [ Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

I would go inspect that guys house and yard daily. Or figure out what bothers him the most and do just that. We had problems out of people like that at our lake lot. They said our diesel dully trucks and my grandfather RV looked trashy. We have one of the largest water front properties in the neighborhood and it is alway well groomed and watered. And as far as our RV it is a 48 ft diesel pusher worth well more then some of their house. So after fighting with these people for nearly three years we won. But I guess my point is there are just some people that need to complain and need to pick on people.

Author:  Cacher123 [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

Go buy some really super fast growin lawn seed (or weed seed, whatever) and keep sprinklin it on this guys lawn. He'll either have to keep cuttin it (hence an inconvenience) or when he allows it to grow too high, you complain to the city... :goink: :-)r

Author:  maxwellp [ Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

I like all the stuff, just eying up the parts I need!!!

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

Sir Sam wrote:
hooperswish wrote:
I wouldn't want to look at that crap either. I am with the guy who complained....sorry, just saying....put it in the garage. the yard is a MESS.
Devil's advocate...heh heh


Ya I get that, and to be fair it is a mess.


I've been to Sam's house a few times, so I can vouch for the mess. :mrgreen: But I can't complain because he has a few of my parts that I need to pick up. :rockon:

Author:  ibHenry [ Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

I have to say I am quite impressed with what can be done with a saws-all, I have a new respect for mine now. :JEEPIN:

Author:  USAFCOP [ Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

Thus why living in a city sucks!

As for the City and the old man, if they want to tell me what to do with/on my land, they can pay the Taxes on it for me, then I would be happy to oblige them... Until then they can pound sand!
Just cause he isn't getting laid, he doesn't need to take it out on others. Besides, the roof didn't look rusty, unless he was trespassing, he wouldn't have been able to see it was a wreck, just a car parked on the side of the house.

Author:  teckman02 [ Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

Image

i just love the look on your dogs face,. "daddy where am i going to take my naps now?"

Author:  CATCRD [ Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I made a topless KJ today:

Let's take it up to the dunes and rod it!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/