| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66057 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | MaineSleddah [ Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
I went online yesterday looking to buy new rear lower control arms and low and behold, there is a new recall . On 2004 & 2005 Liberty's in high salt use and cold states... They actually have a list of states that qualify... They are being replaced for free Wednesday... |
|
| Author: | QuestMan [ Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Thanks! I'll contact my dealer tomorrow. Mine are being replaced Thursday. The service manager went to check and see if they have the parts, and found out there were 28 in stock. I asked, "Getting ready for the recall, per chance?" |
|
| Author: | ANG2005kj [ Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Called the dealership today and scheduled my appointment for next Tuesday the 3rd. I also asked if a lift kit will void the recall and he said it will not, as long as the control arms are stock... |
|
| Author: | MaineSleddah [ Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Got mine done today. They look much beefier than the old ones. What do ya want for nothin???
|
|
| Author: | Jaber [ Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Setup appointment for this coming Saturday. For those who had it done, how long did dealership take? Used the site to verify mine was included. http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.jsp |
|
| Author: | MaineSleddah [ Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Sorry I can't answer how long it took. I dropped it off the night before and they called me about 11:00 am and said it was done. I could have done the job in my yard in less than a hour though. Only have to remove the wheel to gain access to the bolts. |
|
| Author: | Jaber [ Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Thanks. The lady taking down my appointment asked if I wanted a rental lol. Told them no, unless it was for free |
|
| Author: | JeepJunky33 [ Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
I jsut called and they told me that my Jeep is not in the recall list. Does tat make sense? It's a 2003 KJ renegade. |
|
| Author: | cgass [ Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
JeepJunky33 wrote: I jsut called and they told me that my Jeep is not in the recall list. Does tat make sense? It's a 2003 KJ renegade. It's only on 2004-2005 |
|
| Author: | JeepJunky33 [ Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
That would explain it. I thought it was from 02-05. Thanks for crealing that up. |
|
| Author: | nsliberty [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Just called my dealer and mine is covered, getting it done on tuesday! |
|
| Author: | 99_XC600 [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Mine were replaced today. |
|
| Author: | Jaber [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Got it done today. Took exactly an hour lol. And got a free car wash too. My buddy and I checked out some Fiats and some Wranglers to kill some time. Funny how the sales men line-up outside when they see a car pull in, only to be disappointed its my buddy giving me a ride
|
|
| Author: | cgass [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Jaber wrote: My buddy and I checked out some Fiats and some Wranglers to kill some time. Funny how the sales men line-up outside when they see a car pull in, only to be disappointed its my buddy giving me a ride ![]() I know what you mean. I was just at a dealer yesterday to pick up a part and when I pulled it I was met by 2 salesmen. When I said I wasn't looking for a vehicle they walked away very dejected looking |
|
| Author: | Zack A [ Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
Mine is under recall, guess I'll be making a appointment soon |
|
| Author: | Jeepin'WNC [ Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Recall Notice Number:L27 - REAR CONTROL ARMS |
I got my recall notice from DC saying that my Liberty is eligible for the recall. I live in North Carolina, but the original owner purchased it in NY...I'm glad to know that the new control arms are beefier! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|