It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
So long story short, this is my parts CRD that has been in my backyard for like 3 years now, you could see the top of it over my fence but I kept a car cover on it(all you could see was some grey over the fence line), been that way for years and none of my neighbors had issue with it. Couple of weeks ago an old guy who doesn't even live next to me or on the same street came up to me and harassed me about "all these cars" and "been going on for years." Anyways the end result was that I got a letter from the city saying my "make unknown wrecked blue SUV" needed to be screened from public view followed by "FABRIC CAR COVERS ARE NOT SUFFICIENT"

After considering a couple of options(none of which seemed fair to my actual nieghbors and not the d!ck I wanted revenge on, I decided the simplest thing was to remove the roof making the vehicle lower, so it could not been seen over my fence.

So I took the doors off(only good for parts), chopped off the one good 1/4 panel, and the sliced off the upper roof and viola! Topless KJ.....I really wanna mad max it around now though!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 1218
Maybe you could've just taken the wheels off? :lol: Good work though!!!

You should take the old roof and go lay it on that old guys lawn. :ROTFL: jk

Did you install that transfer case yet?

_________________
05 KJ Limited 4x4 in Light Khaki: Detours USA Backbone, Warn M8000, Huskyliners, RockLizard Super Skink sliders, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
07 LR3 SE V8
1996 XJ Country
2015 KL Limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
HoosierJeeper wrote:
Maybe you could've just taken the wheels off? :lol: Good work though!!!

You should take the old roof and go lay it on that old guys lawn. :ROTFL: jk

Did you install that transfer case yet?


I don't think the wheels would have netted me enough, but I thought about it.

I'm really trying to figure out some way to get back at this guy. I'm thinking of forming a 501c church and calling any vehicle I own a "religious icon" keeping me free from religious persecution.

I have not installed the transfer case, I think the likely order of events will be that I will use the transfer case in my MJ CRD swap to replace my failing XJ one, and then use the KJ transfer case I got from you in the MJ. The KJ transfer case is slightly different than the XJ, most notably the lack of the speedo sender on the tailhousing. If the output shaft is still cut for the speedo gear then simply installing my old housing with its casting for the speedo sender will be the solution. That and the front output yoke needs to be swapped from the CV style on the KJ to the ujoint style of the XJ.

In any case I'll get it figured out, but I think there is a good chance I will use it in my MJ, I also kinda like that solution since so many other of my components are brand new, engine, front axle etc, that I like having the lowest mileage possible drivetrain.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 493
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I wouldn't want to look at that crap either. I am with the guy who complained....sorry, just saying....put it in the garage. the yard is a MESS.
Devil's advocate...heh heh

_________________
'06 3.7 sport 6 speed (long live manual tranny's)
tinted windows, cruise, midnight blue
Mopar roof rack
Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
hooperswish wrote:
I wouldn't want to look at that crap either. I am with the guy who complained....sorry, just saying....put it in the garage. the yard is a MESS.
Devil's advocate...heh heh


Ya I get that, and to be fair it is a mess, but its also not visible(out of sight out of mind eh?), the top of the KJ was, behind a cover, and now its not. The reason I store my crap there is because its not visible behind the fence, and its the side yard between my garage and the street, so its not my backyard where my patio is. Basically just unused space to me, hence the storage.

But with the top of the KJ gone, nothing is visible in my side yard, all nicely behind the fence.

I got not wanting to see a mess, and thats why I don't keep junk out where it can be seen, but the nice thing about living in a house with a fenced back yard is I can put crap back there behind my nice privacy fence.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 am
Posts: 1336
Location: Greenwood SC
I would go inspect that guys house and yard daily. Or figure out what bothers him the most and do just that. We had problems out of people like that at our lake lot. They said our diesel dully trucks and my grandfather RV looked trashy. We have one of the largest water front properties in the neighborhood and it is alway well groomed and watered. And as far as our RV it is a 48 ft diesel pusher worth well more then some of their house. So after fighting with these people for nearly three years we won. But I guess my point is there are just some people that need to complain and need to pick on people.

_________________
My CRD Build Thread
Soon to Come:more lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:43 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
Go buy some really super fast growin lawn seed (or weed seed, whatever) and keep sprinklin it on this guys lawn. He'll either have to keep cuttin it (hence an inconvenience) or when he allows it to grow too high, you complain to the city... :goink: :-)r

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:39 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Verona, WI
I like all the stuff, just eying up the parts I need!!!

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
1998 Beetle TDI Malone Tuning Stage 2
2001 Dodge Cummins
2005 Dodge Cummins
ASE, OBDII / VAG-CAN scaner / Service Manual
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Sir Sam wrote:
hooperswish wrote:
I wouldn't want to look at that crap either. I am with the guy who complained....sorry, just saying....put it in the garage. the yard is a MESS.
Devil's advocate...heh heh


Ya I get that, and to be fair it is a mess.


I've been to Sam's house a few times, so I can vouch for the mess. :mrgreen: But I can't complain because he has a few of my parts that I need to pick up. :rockon:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:27 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:53 am
Posts: 74
Location: Salt Springs, Florida
I have to say I am quite impressed with what can be done with a saws-all, I have a new respect for mine now. :JEEPIN:

_________________
JEEP the toughest Four Letter Word In Off-Road


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:51 am 
Offline
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Spokane, WA
Thus why living in a city sucks!

As for the City and the old man, if they want to tell me what to do with/on my land, they can pay the Taxes on it for me, then I would be happy to oblige them... Until then they can pound sand!
Just cause he isn't getting laid, he doesn't need to take it out on others. Besides, the roof didn't look rusty, unless he was trespassing, he wouldn't have been able to see it was a wreck, just a car parked on the side of the house.

_________________
I'm baaaaccckkk...
LOST Member 10
If you can read this you don't need glasses, go Wheel your Jeep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 pm
Posts: 1874
Location: trotwood Ohio
Image

i just love the look on your dogs face,. "daddy where am i going to take my naps now?"

_________________
With enough fabbing, time & $, it's certainly possible.
That being said, it's like boinkin' your sister...just because you can, doesn't mean you should.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a topless KJ today:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:42 am
Posts: 2122
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Let's take it up to the dunes and rod it!

_________________
05CRD: GDE Hot ECU & TCM tunes, Provent, Cat filter, Facet lift pump, TransGo kit, Florida TC, Samcos, stainless brake lines, HDS thermostat, Renegade light bar,
Bilstein adjustables, Al's Gen 4.5 Arms, 235/85-16 Duratracs, DTT rear, Elocker front, EVIC+TPMS, Turbo timer, McNally pillar gauges, Weeks Stage II kit.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com