| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Optima Yellow Top http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6985 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lilmatty [ Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Optima Yellow Top |
Who has one in their 02 Lib? What size (group #) is it? TYIA mt |
|
| Author: | uvalax236 [ Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Model No: 9151189. You are going to have to bend the terminals to have them fit. You are also going to have to cut some of the battery tray away. It is best to use a dremel and simply file the lip closest to the sheet metal until it is flat. I will see if I can take some pics tomarro night for you. |
|
| Author: | lilmatty [ Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
What is the group number of that battery? |
|
| Author: | Edvalencia [ Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hey Matt, If you haven't gotten an answer by tonight, I'll check mine when I get home. Although I got mine through, well, unusual circumstances, You will have to cut the battery tray to make it fit. I haven't done it yet, so I'm using large zip ties to hold it down. I'll probably cut it when I install my new upper A arms. Ed |
|
| Author: | lilmatty [ Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks Ed. I appreciate it. One of the many things to do to get ready for Moab.... |
|
| Author: | uvalax236 [ Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well I cant recall what type I got (I got it in May, 05) and the sticker fell off. If I can find it on the top, I will post. |
|
| Author: | sqliberty [ Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have one in my 02 it fits fine, no cutting needed, I will go look and see what # it is |
|
| Author: | sqliberty [ Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just went out and looked, the part # is SC34DU |
|
| Author: | hoku5 [ Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Optima Yellow Top |
Hello Matt, I just checked and the PN on the battery is 27991 and model number is YEL43/78. |
|
| Author: | hoku5 [ Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Yellow Top Batt. |
Matt, Model number is 34/78 not 43/78. Must have had a senior moment. Nolan |
|
| Author: | lilmatty [ Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Whoops. Got the wrong one then. Anyone interested in a brand new never used Group 51R yellow top? Fits in the tray beautifully in the east-west direction and is only 5" deep in the north-south direction. |
|
| Author: | Troysterr [ Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've got some interesting battery sizing info here: http://www.youngs.org/kjparts/default.asp?category=19 There's a red top Optima that will fit '02s w/ no alterations. I would imagine that you could find the sizing chart to figure out which yellow top would be best. |
|
| Author: | AdamIsAdam [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So which color? Yellow top? Red top? My 2003 is size 34? Any mods required to install? |
|
| Author: | kolesy [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If it fits Matt, why not use it? |
|
| Author: | lilmatty [ Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
kolesy wrote: If it fits Matt, why not use it?
No side posts for my winch connection, for one thing. Got a 34/78 yellow top and sold the old one. All's well |
|
| Author: | AdamIsAdam [ Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
A local and well respected jeeper suggested these: http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?p=ODY-PC1500-T He said: "I would strongly consider an Odyssey over an Optima. Optimas have crazy charging specs and I know quite a few people who have had problems with them." Anyone heard of the charging specs issue? |
|
| Author: | kolesy [ Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
My red top died on me one time cause a friend left my head lights on in my old ride all night. The thing with the red top is it is a gel cell type battery(no water in the cell) and you are supposed to "slow" charge them. So I had to take it to auto zone and let them charge it for almost a full day at a low charge. Not really sure as to the whole technical reasoning behind it but I know taht after I had jumped it and ran it for bout a half hour it still didnt have the charge to fire my rig back up. But that was only the case cause the batt was COMPLETELY drained. |
|
| Author: | JFortier777 [ Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I left a set of 100W headlights on all night in my old geo with a yellow top and it never blinked, started right up when I got back in the next morning 10 hours later. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|