| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70804 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | surfRenegade [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
Sorry, not quite sure where to post this so feel free to move it. I have been watching videos of the Rubicon trail. I was wondering if any KJ is capable or has already completed it successfully. Non SFA. This trail isnt all that far from me so its in my mind as a future goal |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
Yes 2 totally stock KJ's have done the Rubicon trail,Jeep took 2 of the 1st prototypes through it.I would not recomend it but it can be done. |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
Yeah, it's a great future goal. I've had a map of the Rubicon posted on the wall by my desk at work for a while now. My goal is to get Grumpy through it without any major damage. Jeep drove the new Grands through it stock and came out with a bit of damage. ![]() Looks like some armor might be a good idea. |
|
| Author: | audiboy86 [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
I plan on doing it as soon as mine gets lockers. I figure with 4.10 and 4 to 1 transfer case with lockers I should have a low enough crawl ratio to do it comfortably. But I think with some armor and a nice set of tires a KJ should be fine if the new grands did it. |
|
| Author: | fratichelli [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
I don't know if my KJ came out before the trail rated badge or not, but mine never came with one. Or, maybe it was just knocked off before I got it. Mine is one of the earliest versions, it has drum rears, no gas tank skid, but an engine skid, it also is four wheel drive. It gets me by with all the off-roading I do for work, but I don't think I want to really wheel it until I replace the suspension. |
|
| Author: | Grannysgoat [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
I have seen somewhere the trip report for the Liberty on the Rubicon, done by Jeep during their test. They came back with major body damage and some transmission problems. As I remember the transfer case skid was pushed up into the transmission/transfer case and cracked it. Did they do it, yes. So, before you venture out to a double black diamond, rated one of the most difficult in the country, you might want to do Holcomb Creek and John Bull in our local mountains......just to test and tune you know? gg |
|
| Author: | audiboy86 [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
A set of rock sliders and heavy skid set and you should be fine. |
|
| Author: | gottorque [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
These guys do it. Its all in spanish but ive watched all 9 parts and i thought it was pretty impressive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfle7kR ... ure=relmfu I only live about an hour and a half away from the Rubicon, but im still not gonna try it |
|
| Author: | bgcarl01 [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
I've watched those 9 parts on Youtube as well, as the Rubicon has always been a dream of mine someday, and I wondered the same question as to whether a KJ could do the trail. They seem more involved with their super flexy WJ in the videos, but the KJ did well. |
|
| Author: | surfRenegade [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
Wow! thanks for the replies guys. I would love to do it some day in my liberty! Not complete it like GrannyGoat said..extensive damage and getting pulled out of every obstacle Yes, I am a complete beginer at wheeling now. This is a years away sort of dream. I cant wait to watch the video of the KJs when I get home from work! |
|
| Author: | Ryn7 [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
Our KJ will be doing the Rubicon next June. Locked front and rear and all the other crap needed to protect the underside. What's the big deal? |
|
| Author: | JeepNCrowd [ Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
That's my future goal too. I want to be one of the first KK's to complete the Rubicon. Of course I need to add more armor and pay it off first, lol. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
Ryn7 wrote: Our KJ will be doing the Rubicon next June. I can't wait to hear a trip report. Ryn7 wrote: Locked front and rear and all the other crap needed to protect the underside. What's the big deal? It's a big deal if you want to escape the trail without any damage. |
|
| Author: | Ryn7 [ Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
dieselenthusiast wrote: Ryn7 wrote: Our KJ will be doing the Rubicon next June. I can't wait to hear a trip report. Four weeks, going across the USA taking as many secondary and alternate routes across to Mount Rushmore. Whether we hit the Rubicon on the way there or on the direction home... Ryn7 wrote: Locked front and rear and all the other crap needed to protect the underside. What's the big deal? It's a big deal if you want to escape the trail without any damage. Sometimes damage to your vehicle is inevitable. That's how it goes. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
Well in a few days a subaru will be able to do the Rubicon trail with no damage. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1093411-urgent-little-sluice-altered-friday.html Guess no use of planning a trip out there now,they already destroyed the Gate Keeper. |
|
| Author: | surfRenegade [ Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a KJ capable of doing the Rubicon trail? |
tjkj2002 wrote: Well in a few days a subaru will be able to do the Rubicon trail with no damage. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1093411-urgent-little-sluice-altered-friday.html Guess no use of planning a trip out there now,they already destroyed the Gate Keeper. What is there reasoning behind this? Doesnt seem to make much sense |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|