It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Need help finding a part name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:18 pm
Posts: 9
Hello,

I have a 2005 CRD liberty. the driver side armrest/door handle has a plastic part under a soft vinyl covering. it has a single screw that holds it in. mine broke where the screw goes in and the little notches that hold it into the door trim panel broke also. I called the jeep dealer and they can't match any off the numbers on the thing. I am trying to find one used also but no one has a clue what I am asking for. I looked at the parts list on the NOOB link and did not find it. anyone got a clue?

thanks
carl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:38 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Maryland
You could maybe try a body shop, or try a junk yard, If it was me I would stop by in person and talk to them. Just my :2cents: Good Luck

_________________
2005 CRD Limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
If I am understanding you right:
1. the screw in the armrest "hole" has broken thru the bottom of the plastic behind the armrest. The screw is no big deal and you should be able to fix the broken plastic, from the back, with appropriate glue and/or spread the stress of the screw head from the front by some creative filing on a fender washer or a bill of plastic running along in the bottom of the arm rest "hole"
2. what the screw goes into in the door is broken. A really good DCJ parts person might be able to find it if you could show him the broken piece but if not visit a good parts store with a Dorman or similar fastener display as I imagine you can find a nylon or metal hidden screw fastener clip that will substitute. Otherwise you may be able to screw a bridge across the gap with a hole in the bridge for the door screw.

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:18 pm
Posts: 9
why I did not think to use a washer is beyond me, just got done putting back on and it is solid. I have tried to epoxy the part back together twice and it held for just a little bit. I think the screw with the washer will hold until I can find a pick a part that will let me go look myself instead of just telling me I have to pay 75$ of the whole door panel.

thank you
carl


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com