| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Gas tank recall may not happen............... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78055 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
We will see,hope they did actually close it and drop the recall. http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/01/nhtsa-closing-grand-cherokee-investigation |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Yes hopefully it has been closed ! It was bogus to begin with |
|
| Author: | cicciouk [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Noooo why?!?! We all want the hitch for free! |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
cicciouk wrote: Noooo why?!?! We all want the hitch for free! No,it's wrong,just wrong when they all passed the mandated crash tests for there respective model years. |
|
| Author: | cicciouk [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
To be honest in full Italian thinking, it is very strange after Fiat ( Marchionni CEO) and Chrysler closed the deal NHSA withdrew its request for recall. somewhere in Nhsa somebody got a bribe. I know I should not say this if I am not sure but living in Italy there is not one day that we read o hear something like that. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
I took the KJ into the dealer on Friday and they said that I had the recall but the parts were not in yet. I had to sign some paperwork. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Everyone or at least a lot that I have talked to have got notices or I assume thats what it was mine went straight to the trash |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
I didn't get a notice in the mail. I went in for a free inspection and they told me about it when I went to pick it up. The service manager made it sound like the parts would arrive on a certain date, but that could be the "anticipated" date and not the "official" date due to pending issues. |
|
| Author: | profdlp [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
I bought my Liberty just days before this was announced back in May of last year. I did not expect a "free" anything. I also do not think I am "out" anything if I don't get the hitch. Chrysler doesn't owe me and I'm not complaining now and won't in the future. On the other hand, it's a bit of a disappointment. A hitch was high on my list of "want to have's" and after eight months there seems to still be a lot of confusion over this. I think anyone would be a fool to run out and buy something so long as there is a possibility that they didn't need to. The letter I got two weeks ago seems to indicate that they plan to honor this. Of course, after this much time who's to say what they really have in mind. |
|
| Author: | Cherrie 274 [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
I'm reading that a little differently. They just agreed not to have a recall. Was you letter a recall notice?. Or a advisory notice? So the way I read it no recall but yes to a inspection. But right now seems nobody knows, what will happen. |
|
| Author: | John3:17 [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Mine Is setting here on my desk It says on the outside of it "SAFETY RECALL NOTICE". However my opinion is if your concerned about this and a hitch is the prescribed cure - go buy one dont risk your life or your loved ones if you believe it is a true safety risk. Quite frankly if the vehicles passed the safety tests when manufactured and a government agency wants to impose additional standards then the responsibility falls on that agency not DC.
|
|
| Author: | Cherrie 274 [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
I agree, but then ![]()
|
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Cherrie 274 wrote: I'm reading that a little differently. They just agreed not to have a recall. Was you letter a recall notice?. Or a advisory notice? So the way I read it no recall but yes to a inspection. But right now seems nobody knows, what will happen. The official announcement will not be for a few weeks and they only closed it after the notices were sent out.They may or may not go ahead and do the recall but they will not be forced to.I mean it's going to cost 151 million dollars,that will be passed on to new buyers eitherway. I only got a letter stating my KJ is not part of this recall since it's flagged as excessively modified so I'm no longer able to get any recall's done for free.I can pay to have them done but why when 99.9% of them are pointless anyways. |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
yellocoyote wrote: I got my notice today. I have the factory hitch and skid... not much else to be done. To the recycle bin with the notice. Got my notice today too. I have the factory hitch and skid also. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Get your free hitch and give it to me! Or sell it! |
|
| Author: | bugnout [ Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Got my notice today, but it says they don't have the parts. They will inform me when the parts are available. |
|
| Author: | Lambeau [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
bugnout wrote: Got my notice today, but it says they don't have the parts. They will inform me when the parts are available. Same exact notice we got today… Our KJ has never had a hitch… and doesn't need one if I understand all the bs behind it. |
|
| Author: | L.O. [ Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
I got a notice from Chrysler last week that my Liberty was under recall for the gas tank and they will notify me when the part (hitch) arrived at the dealer. |
|
| Author: | Liberty02sport [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
Got the same notice and called DC since I already have a hitch. They offered reimbursement if I could provide a receipt. Told 'em I had picked it up at reasonable cost and not to worry about it... |
|
| Author: | Cherrie 274 [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gas tank recall may not happen............... |
On another forum they are reporting that dealers are looking at Grands and told to hold on for Liberties. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|