| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| How do you deal with someone that ripped out off http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78354 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | brianb1998 [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
I'd like to get everyones opinion on this. I bought a used hypertech from a guy in riverside california. He sent me the programmer and when I tried to use it, it was locked to his vin. He said he would refund my money to make it right. a month and 5 "ill send it tonights" later the guy still has not refunded my money. I called my local sheriff and he even called the guy but he will not respond. I'm considering finalizing a police report but dont think the cops will do anything about it. I have all the messages between myself and the guy. Including where he said for sure it was not vin locked. I have the guys full name, e-mail address, home address, cell phone number. What would you do? I know its only 180 bucks but I think its the point. I do have the option of going to california and showing up on his porch. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
Do the police report,file a lawsuit through small claims court with his info.He will be informed and if he does not show up a warrant for his arrest will be issued. |
|
| Author: | HedsIc [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
Was it someone on here? If so blast them out. Happened to me a long time ago with a ZEX nitrous kit. Paid the guy around $200 or so. Never sent anything. Called the police and they even visited him but nothing. He tried posting up that I scammed him but that didn't work for him when I showed the mods the back and forth with us. In the end I lost my money and never heard from the dude again. This was like 9+ years ago too though so I'm sure cyber laws have changed a lot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | Gageraid [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
You could call Hypertech and get their recommendations. I definitely think you should go forward with the police report. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully it wasn't intentional, but he's failing to help fix the problem. |
|
| Author: | HedsIc [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
Another option. If you are close to the person. Show up at his house and kindly ask him to plug it in his car and restore it back to default so you can use the programmer. Maybe he just didn't realize he needed to do that? I dunno. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | Gageraid [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
HedsIc wrote: Another option. If you are close to the person. Show up at his house and kindly ask him to plug it in his car and restore it back to default so you can use the programmer. Maybe he just didn't realize he needed to do that? I dunno. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Exactly. It's so easy to return to stock. It's very possible he just forgot to do so, but still the chance he wanted to rip someone off. |
|
| Author: | streetglideok [ Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
Did you pay by credit card? If so, call the credit card company. With a month elapse time, I'm sure you're SOL with paypal. |
|
| Author: | hucorey [ Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
Your not Sol with paypal as long as you didn't send the money as friend. |
|
| Author: | The_dealer [ Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How do you deal with someone that ripped out off |
Either way there's still laws against it, and there's still actions you can take. I believe you have to call the sheriff's office that's local to the seller and file a report. They have gotten pretty tight on online fraud these days, so it shouldn't be too hard. Last time it happened to me (yea happened more than once), the kids local sheriff had it straightened out fairly quickly. I just explained that I wanted my money back or parts and they could do whatever they wanted from there. I don't think I'd advise just showing up to the guys house unless an Leo was with you though. What ever they are putting in the water has made people get a little crazy these days Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|