LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Fashion versus function?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82589
Page 1 of 1

Author:  WhitbyKJ [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:21 am ]
Post subject:  Fashion versus function?

I gotta know.

How many of you guys prefer fashion over function? How many demand both?

Author:  gottorque [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

Function wins every time....however I'd like to keep it looking decent looking. No gaudy chrome accessories or any of that stuff. Would rather spend money on stuff that could increase durability/capability.

Author:  LibertyFever [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

Chrome don't get you home.

I like the look of the brush bars available for the Libby's but they aren't well supported and you lose your front tow points.

I choose function over fashion.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Author:  Arkie [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

If you take "function" mods to a extreme point it BECOMES fashion.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Author:  flash7210 [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

Arkie wrote:
If you take "function" mods to a extreme point it BECOMES fashion.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


And fashion taken to extreme becomes WTF.

Author:  WWDiesel [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

I like function first, but it never hurts for it to look good while it is being functional at the same time. Not chrome, but at least a good looking paint job..... :2cents:

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

Very open ended question
What some would consider " function" others may describe as a POS.
Same way with what ever you call fashion, never heard the term in the Jeep industry in over 45 years but assume you mean by looking good?
But with most anything you want it to work but also look good as well
don't want the JK guys driving by making even more fun of your KJ :wink: :lol:

Author:  bugnout [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

A proper balance of both is always preferred. Often the most functional items become elegant because they work so well.

Author:  Function > Form [ Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

I'll give you one guess what I prefer.

Author:  JeepMorrison [ Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

Image

Function and fasion....

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

spell check ............ :wink:
fashion

Author:  vap0rtranz [ Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

Should I admit to grabbing a >2010 Libby because they went back to the 3 spoke steering wheel of the old Cherokees?! :) OK, it was a small fashion thing with no functional loss.

Author:  Function > Form [ Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

@4x4kayak2112 :rockon:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

WWDiesel wrote:
I like function first, but it never hurts for it to look good while it is being functional at the same time. Not chrome, but at least a good looking paint job..... :2cents:

Guess this qualifies?

Image

Author:  wickedbruce [ Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

Everyone has a different idea of fashion or what looks good/bad. I've got flat front flares on mine now, and already there have been people discussing about the unibody being exposed because of the lack of a wheel liner. To some people, sure it looks ugly and doesn't make sense. To me, it works how I want it to, and looks fine. Others will say "oh well I've got whatever inch tires and still run my flares"....well...good for you then. If that's what you like, and it works for you, so be it :D

Author:  mikey1273 [ Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

The Age old question "Style or Sustenance?" Style wins every time but what style? I like it to look good and somewhat rugged and ready if we are talking about Jeeps but not over the top and overdone. practical and good looking for sure. No over use of chrome..... chrome don't get you home. comfort is important too. I won't be with out my heated seats in the winter or with out my satellite radio either.

Author:  John3:17 [ Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

wickedbruce wrote:
Everyone has a different idea of fashion or what looks good/bad. I've got flat front flares on mine now, and already there have been people discussing about the unibody being exposed because of the lack of a wheel liner. To some people, sure it looks ugly and doesn't make sense. To me, it works how I want it to, and looks fine. Others will say "oh well I've got whatever inch tires and still run my flares"....well...good for you then. If that's what you like, and it works for you, so be it :D


When r we going to get a looks at those flares?

Author:  ATXKJ [ Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

“I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful.”

― Oscar Wilde

Author:  Arkie [ Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

ATXKJ wrote:
“I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful.”

― Oscar Wilde



Did he smoke dope? :mrgreen:

Bob

Author:  Jim McClain [ Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fashion versus function?

I think there's room for both style/fashion and function. Of course the ride has to be functional, but I want style too. I wouldn't have a Limited if I didn't care about style. But then, lifts, armor and performance are way up on the list too. I don't have to sacrifice style to get any of that though.

Jim

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/