| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Disabling horn on locking doors http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8377 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Simon R [ Wed May 10, 2006 5:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Disabling horn on locking doors |
I am pulling my hair out over this. I just bought a 2006 Liberty in Mexico, so the owners guide is in Spanish. The instructions for disabling the horn sound when locking the doors don't seem to work. Neither I nor the dealers can fix this, and nor can another friend who bought one in Mexico and wants to turn the horn off. No response from Chrysler, maybe because I didn't buy the vehicle in the US. Any help would be so gratefully appreciated ... Simon R |
|
| Author: | 05kjrenny [ Wed May 10, 2006 5:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
1. press and hold the lock button on the transmitter 2. continue to hol the lock button, wait at least 4 but no longer than 10 seconds, then press the unlock button. 3. release both buttons. repeat 1-3 will restore origanal operation |
|
| Author: | waddy whiteguts [ Wed May 10, 2006 6:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I can't believe how simple that was! I just ran out and disabled mine, it always bothered me but I never took the time to look it up |
|
| Author: | 05kjrenny [ Wed May 10, 2006 6:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
after i read this post and looked it up i tried all the different options it listed and they all are pretty simple!! glad this help sombody else also!! richey |
|
| Author: | Simon R [ Wed May 10, 2006 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hey, I'm glad for all you guys, but it doesn't seem to work with mine! That is what I thought the manual said originally, but I can't make it work. Maybe I am really dumb! Basically I am pressing lock, holding that for 4-10 seconds, then while keeping it down, also pressing unlock, and then releasing both buttons together. Is that how you do it? I would really like to solve this one ... |
|
| Author: | 05kjrenny [ Wed May 10, 2006 7:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i have just tried this again like you said and the book says and this seems to disable the light flash? the light flash is different keys now i cant figure this out? i will try tommorow with a friends 05 and see what happens i will let you know |
|
| Author: | KJ-BOL [ Wed May 10, 2006 7:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think it depends a lot on what generation EVIC you have - do you have an EVIC at all? Are there more than one type of EVICs? - Maybe. This is so easy if you have the EVIC - overhead console.... |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Wed May 10, 2006 8:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
on my 05 - I tried what the manual said - it doesn't work, the horn always beeps - so I was at the dealer and asked them to program it out with their computer, they tried and said they couldn't? - has anyone gotten an 05 to stop beeping? Okay I now notice KJRenny is 05 - well I've tried the lock /unlock key (the programmer must have loved Nintendo) and it doesn't work on mine. |
|
| Author: | MikeD0106 [ Wed May 10, 2006 8:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
For some reason I think I had to have my key in the ignition and in the "on" position for it to work. Have any of you tried that? |
|
| Author: | Simon R [ Wed May 10, 2006 9:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just tried that - no luck ... |
|
| Author: | KJ-BOL [ Wed May 10, 2006 10:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Question again.... Do you have an EVIC - there is a big difference if you do - if you do not have one, then I can't help - sorry |
|
| Author: | Gringo Loco [ Wed May 10, 2006 10:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have an 05 and got my horn to stop honking when you lock the doors, I'm looking for the post because someone posted on how to do it and it worked the first time. I just tried but couldn't get my honk back. Found it. Door lock 4-10 seconds, panic button = disable / enable horn chirp Make sure you keep the lock button held down when you press the panic button. Just checked and my honk came back |
|
| Author: | Average Joseph [ Wed May 10, 2006 10:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hey Gringo, Not sure how yours is set up but pressing the panic button while holding the lock button disables the light flash. F.Y.I. Holding unlock for 5 sec. then pressing lock = all doors open on first press of unlock button... I can't believe I never figured this stuff out for three years!!! Now if I could only disable the stupid panic button... |
|
| Author: | waddy whiteguts [ Wed May 10, 2006 11:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
OK so how do you disable the doors locking @ 15mph? |
|
| Author: | MikeD0106 [ Thu May 11, 2006 12:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
waddy whiteguts wrote: OK so how do you disable the doors locking @ 15mph?
Very carefully... |
|
| Author: | Average Joseph [ Thu May 11, 2006 1:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Apparently if you have an EVIC you can do it yourself. If not, you can take it to the dealer who will reprogram it, possibly for a fee. I'm getting it done this week. Here is one previous thread on the subject. |
|
| Author: | Sean [ Thu May 11, 2006 8:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Average Joseph wrote: Apparently if you have an EVIC you can do it yourself. If not, you can take it to the dealer who will reprogram it, possibly for a fee. I'm getting it done this week.
Here is one previous thread on the subject. When my dad got his, before he toook it off the lot, he had the dealer turn the horn off. it also turned the flashes off too. he has no EVIC, they had to plug a big thing into the ODBII port under the dash... took about three minutes he has an 05 renegade as well |
|
| Author: | Gringo Loco [ Thu May 11, 2006 8:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The method I described is for 05-06 kjs. for previous years use the first method. I don't believe that you can disable the rolling locks without an evic. |
|
| Author: | Simon R [ Thu May 11, 2006 10:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ-BOL wrote: Question again.... Do you have an EVIC - there is a big difference if you do - if you do not have one, then I can't help - sorry
I don't know what an EVIC is - which probably means I don't have one - certainly there is no clever electronics overhead except the lights on the ceiling. |
|
| Author: | KJ-BOL [ Thu May 11, 2006 10:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Simon R wrote: KJ-BOL wrote: Question again.... Do you have an EVIC - there is a big difference if you do - if you do not have one, then I can't help - sorry I don't know what an EVIC is - which probably means I don't have one - certainly there is no clever electronics overhead except the lights on the ceiling. Ok.... now we are on the right track..... I'll do a bit of search because I kow I helped someone do it.... I just have to find the right writeup. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|