It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Optima Yellow Top
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:00 pm 
Offline
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Sebastopol CA
Who has one in their 02 Lib? What size (group #) is it?

TYIA

mt

_________________
Matt Townsend
Sebastopol CA

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:57 am
Posts: 1339
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Model No: 9151189. You are going to have to bend the terminals to have them fit. You are also going to have to cut some of the battery tray away. It is best to use a dremel and simply file the lip closest to the sheet metal until it is flat. I will see if I can take some pics tomarro night for you.

_________________
Richard~Mid Atlantic VA Rep.
NCBBA/Mid Atlantic Jeepers/UFWDA Member
Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:56 pm 
Offline
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Sebastopol CA
What is the group number of that battery?

_________________
Matt Townsend
Sebastopol CA

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:24 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:18 am
Posts: 932
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Hey Matt,
If you haven't gotten an answer by tonight, I'll check mine when I get home.
Although I got mine through, well, unusual circumstances, :oops: I do believe it's the correct size.

You will have to cut the battery tray to make it fit. I haven't done it yet, so I'm using large zip ties to hold it down. I'll probably cut it when I install my new upper A arms.

Ed

_________________
Take the road less traveled.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:09 pm 
Offline
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Sebastopol CA
Thanks Ed. I appreciate it.

One of the many things to do to get ready for Moab....

_________________
Matt Townsend
Sebastopol CA

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:57 am
Posts: 1339
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Well I cant recall what type I got (I got it in May, 05) and the sticker fell off. If I can find it on the top, I will post.

_________________
Richard~Mid Atlantic VA Rep.
NCBBA/Mid Atlantic Jeepers/UFWDA Member
Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:08 pm
Posts: 207
I have one in my 02 it fits fine, no cutting needed, I will go look and see what # it is

_________________
2002 Liberty Sport
2.5 RockFather II lift
Magnaflow Exhaust
Volant Air Intake
http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo ... eryid=1290

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/538614/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:04 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:08 pm
Posts: 207
I just went out and looked, the part # is SC34DU

_________________
2002 Liberty Sport
2.5 RockFather II lift
Magnaflow Exhaust
Volant Air Intake
http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo ... eryid=1290

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/538614/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Optima Yellow Top
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:40 pm
Posts: 149
Location: Orange County, Ca
Hello Matt,
I just checked and the PN on the battery is 27991 and model number is YEL43/78.

_________________
2002 Liberty
W/Lift+Armor+Diff mods


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Yellow Top Batt.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:40 pm
Posts: 149
Location: Orange County, Ca
Matt,
Model number is 34/78 not 43/78. Must have had a senior moment. :lol:
Nolan

_________________
2002 Liberty
W/Lift+Armor+Diff mods


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:32 pm 
Offline
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Sebastopol CA
Whoops. Got the wrong one then.

Anyone interested in a brand new never used Group 51R yellow top? Fits in the tray beautifully in the east-west direction and is only 5" deep in the north-south direction.

_________________
Matt Townsend
Sebastopol CA

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:53 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Posts: 816
Location: SLC, Utah
I've got some interesting battery sizing info here:

http://www.youngs.org/kjparts/default.asp?category=19

There's a red top Optima that will fit '02s w/ no alterations. I would imagine that you could find the sizing chart to figure out which yellow top would be best.

_________________
09 Yellow JK Rubicon LOST #TY050608
TeraFlex 4" long arm lift, 35" BFG KO2s, Tatton driveshaft, Riddler diff covers, RIPP headers,
MBRP off road exhaust, Cobra C75WXST, Little Passengers 3rd row seat

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: Long Island, NY
So which color? Yellow top? Red top?

My 2003 is size 34? Any mods required to install?

_________________
Adam
KJ is SOLD for a JK Rubi Unlimited!
2003 Renegade.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:48 pm 
Offline
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 am
Posts: 945
Location: Goldsboro, NC
If it fits Matt, why not use it?

_________________
LIBERTY or DEATH

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:33 am 
Offline
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Sebastopol CA
kolesy wrote:
If it fits Matt, why not use it?


No side posts for my winch connection, for one thing.

Got a 34/78 yellow top and sold the old one. All's well

_________________
Matt Townsend
Sebastopol CA

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:01 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: Long Island, NY
A local and well respected jeeper suggested these:

http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?p=ODY-PC1500-T

He said:
"I would strongly consider an Odyssey over an Optima. Optimas
have crazy charging specs and I know quite a few people who have had
problems with them."

Anyone heard of the charging specs issue?

_________________
Adam
KJ is SOLD for a JK Rubi Unlimited!
2003 Renegade.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:04 am 
Offline
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 am
Posts: 945
Location: Goldsboro, NC
My red top died on me one time cause a friend left my head lights on in my old ride all night. The thing with the red top is it is a gel cell type battery(no water in the cell) and you are supposed to "slow" charge them. So I had to take it to auto zone and let them charge it for almost a full day at a low charge. Not really sure as to the whole technical reasoning behind it but I know taht after I had jumped it and ran it for bout a half hour it still didnt have the charge to fire my rig back up. But that was only the case cause the batt was COMPLETELY drained.

_________________
LIBERTY or DEATH

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:23 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 5:35 pm
Posts: 249
Location: MI (metro detroit area)
I left a set of 100W headlights on all night in my old geo with a yellow top and it never blinked, started right up when I got back in the next morning 10 hours later.

_________________
~Miah~

2005 Liberty Renegade Dk Khaki
Stock

Pics!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com