Ok Ijust thought of something - The base does come off, or I have to completely rethink
this. I do not have one to compare it to. KjHawaii edit
Thanks All - I want to end this thread and point it to the fabrication section under "Custom Bumper/Hitch/Brushguard/Hitch Winch/Hi Lift Jack"
I found a 4wd shop an hour away that will get me the Hi-Jack in 3 weeks.I ordered the 48" X-treme. Its charcoal metallic and should somewhat match my bumper.
The main member and possibly handle will be incorporated into my bumper. Im going to try to fabricate the "lift mate" for my wheels and put togather a minimized "hi-lift offroad kit" incorporating some long tow straps and some chain. Im passing completely on the electric winch since I probebly won't utilise it enough. And Im counting onthe hi-lifts abilities albiet more labor to get out (good for the soul). Im going for Efficienty Simplicity Practicality. Hope it works out.
Peace KjHawaii[/quote]