It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 887, 888, 889, 890, 891, 892, 893 ... 924  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:03 am
Posts: 68
Chrysler Care and all the dealerships here in Toledo really need to close the doors and start all over. 3rd crossover pipe cracked in the same spot(second pipe came shipped cracked directly to their grubby paws), cross threaded ox sensor, torn underbody insulation and cut ox sensors to name a few of the issue's Iv'e had with wonderful ASE "techs" employed at these wonderful dealerships. Before some smart ars pipes up, the engine mounts are good.
Took it down and repaired it myself instead of waiting 6 months for Chrysler like if we Care to get back with me :shock: Soooooo what state do we need to travel to in order to get quality warranty work done??? Ohhhhhhh wait, warranty is up, never mind, they're done tearing my Jeep up now :ROTFL:
Now just to wait for the hardware store to open for some grade 8 bolts :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:07 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
BugginKJ2 wrote:
Byyyyyy the way………..where is Daryl???????



Don't know, he used to call me at least once a week ,
He used to come and see me on a regular basis
Hart used to come see me
Lots did and then bam,.............all gone
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:14 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:03 am
Posts: 68
awwwwwwwww group hug :jester:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
BugginKJ2 wrote:
awwwwwwwww group hug :jester:



BUT,...............but...................


Larry may come and see me next Saturday or Sunday

:banghead: err I mean :pepper: yeah thats what I meant :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:03 am
Posts: 68
Larry no likey me, he never come see me :roll: :cry: :oops:

:goink:

I have no numbers any more, which may be a good thing :ROTFL:

More tinkering with old Buggin today, :SOMBRERO: I really like no more suspension noise and no check engine light, well………….for now :-)r


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:10 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Posts: 1404
Location: The WV Panhandle
tommudd wrote:
BugginKJ2 wrote:
awwwwwwwww group hug :jester:



BUT,...............but...................


Larry may come and see me next Saturday or Sunday

:banghead: err I mean :pepper: yeah thats what I meant :wink:


Oh crap ! Gotta get there before Larry!

_________________
2003/3.7 SOLD

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
John3:17 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
BugginKJ2 wrote:
awwwwwwwww group hug :jester:



BUT,...............but...................


Larry may come and see me next Saturday or Sunday

:banghead: err I mean :pepper: yeah thats what I meant :wink:


Oh crap ! Gotta get there before Larry!


Yes you do, no way I want him seeing what we have in store for yours next
Would literally blow his mind
Mac just keeps walking past that box shaking his head saying" so John wants this on his for sure?" Don't you want it first? :ROTFL:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:56 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 1590
Location: Swanton, Ohio
Yep, looks like next Saturday I'll be down. Am I just picking it up, or are you helping me swap it there and keeping the stock one that comes off?

'02 KJ, sbf 352 stroker V8, custom lift, 33's, custom flat fenders
'04 KJ, 4" FOX coilovers, 33's and stuff
'91 XJ, 4.0, 4" I.R.O. Long arm, 33's, bumpers, lights, winch and stuff
'05 WK limited, loaded, stock, my DD

_________________
02 Red KJ Sport,33s,custom fenders,custom roof rack,custom 5" susp, cradle drop,V8 swap
[url=http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=64049]04 KJ, 4" Fox coilovers, Bilstein, 33's, RL front bumper
'05 WK Limited, Hers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:41 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Posts: 1404
Location: The WV Panhandle
tommudd wrote:
John3:17 wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Oh crap ! Gotta get there before Larry!


Yes you do, no way I want him seeing what we have in store for yours next
Would literally blow his mind
Mac just keeps walking past that box shaking his head saying" so John wants this on his for sure?" Don't you want it first? :ROTFL:


Yep! Gotta get there before Larry! He'll start diggin change out of his pockets and start callin banks if he see's it!

_________________
2003/3.7 SOLD

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
KJWildman wrote:
Yep, looks like next Saturday I'll be down. Am I just picking it up, or are you helping me swap it there and keeping the stock one that comes off?

'02 KJ, sbf 352 stroker V8, custom lift, 33's, custom flat fenders
'04 KJ, 4" FOX coilovers, 33's and stuff
'91 XJ, 4.0, 4" I.R.O. Long arm, 33's, bumpers, lights, winch and stuff
'05 WK limited, loaded, stock, my DD



Dang try and run a legit business and people still want you do work for free :banghead: :banghead: :lol:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:49 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:17 pm
Posts: 2174
Location: Akron, Ohio
It's been awhile since I've posted, I've been busy lately. Dealer rebuilt my rear axle now it's finally good. Had to replace both front axles and lower ball joints, also replaced the passenger side differential seal. Battery failed on the first frosty morning so I had to search for a good one. Couldn't find an Odyssey and I won't buy anything mass by Johnson Controls (Optima and Interstate) I found an AGM marine deep cycle starting battery that has 99.9% lead plates. Seems to be pretty good and has a five year replacement warranty :D . (Not pro rated)
Now, I'm ready to go wheeling, finally. There are a few things I need to do to finish like a rear bumper with tire and fuel can carriers but for the most part, she's done.
I highly advise that anyone who lifts their liberty to replace the factory lower ball joints while it's apart. The factory ones have nylon shims between the ball and sockets and they attract that nasty brine from the winter roads.

_________________
2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:38 am
Posts: 221
Location: Norton Ohio
I need to replace ball joints on my 05. They have needed replaced since I bought it a few months ago. I imagine they have not been replaced before and the jeep has a 3 in Lift.

My dad said they have an 05 or 06 at pull apart I was thinking of buying the whole knuckle that the wheel bearing is mounted to and the ball joint is pressed into and replacing both before I even take whats on the jeep off.
If I do that I think everything should just bolt up and I can lessen the downtime. yea or nay ?

_________________
05 CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, EuroTC, ARPs, Full EGR Del, IDParts Hoses, Etecno 7v GP, OME 790 Bilstein 916front, OME948 OME N132Lrear, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs+Moabs, Renegade roof lights, Curt Front Hitch, BTF Kryptonite Diff, JCR Stage2 Rails, SkidRow Skids, HDS Tstat,

Sold 06 CRD Limited K&N, EHM, ORM, EuroTC, TransgoKit, Samcos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:17 pm
Posts: 2174
Location: Akron, Ohio
The ball joint is pressed into the lower control arms and the factory ones are garbage. You can get the Moog problem solvers from summit racing for about forty bucks a piece. Stick with the Mopar wheel bearing, they seek to be made pretty well.

_________________
2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:03 am
Posts: 68
Really????
I only ran across 1 KJ that was in need of lowers, so far. Not that I've worked on a ton but a handful since I got my place…..
My factory lower ball joints are doing great! No play, nice and tight, still going strong. The uppers on the other hand have already been through 3 sets, good thing for lifetime guarantee and yes they are Moog kept greased and cleaned very well not to mention the JBA upper arms :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:27 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:17 pm
Posts: 2174
Location: Akron, Ohio
Maybe the older ones are made better. Mine had plastic shims between the ball and socket instead of metal to metal with grease.

_________________
2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:40 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Ted15 wrote:
It's been awhile since I've posted, I've been busy lately. Dealer rebuilt my rear axle now it's finally good. Had to replace both front axles and lower ball joints, also replaced the passenger side differential seal. Battery failed on the first frosty morning so I had to search for a good one. Couldn't find an Odyssey and I won't buy anything mass by Johnson Controls (Optima and Interstate) I found an AGM marine deep cycle starting battery that has 99.9% lead plates. Seems to be pretty good and has a five year replacement warranty :D . (Not pro rated)
Now, I'm ready to go wheeling, finally. There are a few things I need to do to finish like a rear bumper with tire and fuel can carriers but for the most part, she's done.
I highly advise that anyone who lifts their liberty to replace the factory lower ball joints while it's apart. The factory ones have nylon shims between the ball and sockets and they attract that nasty brine from the winter roads.



Sounds like you've been busy for sure
Glad you got all of the bugs worked out of that thing finally

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:41 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
xhizzous wrote:
I need to replace ball joints on my 05. They have needed replaced since I bought it a few months ago. I imagine they have not been replaced before and the jeep has a 3 in Lift.

My dad said they have an 05 or 06 at pull apart I was thinking of buying the whole knuckle that the wheel bearing is mounted to and the ball joint is pressed into and replacing both before I even take whats on the jeep off.
If I do that I think everything should just bolt up and I can lessen the downtime. yea or nay ?


It would work for sure

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:44 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
BugginKJ2 wrote:
Really????
I only ran across 1 KJ that was in need of lowers, so far. Not that I've worked on a ton but a handful since I got my place…..
My factory lower ball joints are doing great! No play, nice and tight, still going strong. The uppers on the other hand have already been through 3 sets, good thing for lifetime guarantee and yes they are Moog kept greased and cleaned very well not to mention the JBA upper arms :shock:



My stock lowers were replaced around 90,000 miles, and now at 218,000 still going strong
Uppers in the JBA arms are maybe going on 75-80,000. still same ball joints, replaced the arms( with new ball joints in them ) once since the first set was early production run
Come to think about it one of those ball joints ended up on Daryls ( you know the guy who never calls anymore) :goink: :goink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:18 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:03 am
Posts: 68
81,000 on my lowers, still stout…….knocking on wood :SOMBRERO:
3rd set of uppers since the lift at roughly 20,000 with JBA upper arms. It must be all them shopping carts doing it to mine :shock: However it looks great sitting next to the Hummer at the mall :ROTFL:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
BugginKJ2 wrote:
81,000 on my lowers, still stout…….knocking on wood :SOMBRERO:
3rd set of uppers since the lift at roughly 20,000 with JBA upper arms. It must be all them shopping carts doing it to mine :shock: However it looks great sitting next to the Hummer at the mall :ROTFL:

There ya go

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 887, 888, 889, 890, 891, 892, 893 ... 924  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com