It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:57 am
Posts: 803
Location: Lost in the woods - somewhere...
I'll be keeping you in my prayers, Chip.

_________________
-Vicki-
'02 Renegade - "Forest Ops" Edition Locked, not stock and ready to roll.
ARB bumper, Super Skink Sliders, OME/Rancho lift, Treadwright Wardens 245/75/16, Skid Row engine skid, Mopar Skids, JBA 4.5 UCAs, 4.10s and Detroit lockers Coming soon: new winch, ?????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Lost in Illinois
STINGN wrote:
Jerry who was your doctor..my sisiters doctor was Dr. Broxstien, best ever :) He really helped my sister until she went back to Kansas and decided to get treatment there and didn't make it


My doctor was a Greek - his name is Theodorakis. He is President of Surgical Training at the UofChicago. In his Lincoln Park (Lincoln Ave) office (he has 3 office locations), when you walk in, behind the receptionist are two huge blown-up framed covers from US News and World Report magazine. One cover had the top 10 cancer surgeons in the US, his face was one of the 10 on the cover - The other framed cover was the top 10 cancer hospitals in the US - which included the logo from the University of Chicago Hospital. The only hospital in Illinois to make the list. So I knew I was in the best hands possible.

Like I said earlier, I first went to see my wife's doctor at Edward Hospital in Naperville, and that surgeon was the one who told me this guy from UofC was the only guy who could help me.

_________________
2004 TJ Rubicon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
Very glad to hear it was taken care of. Living with the risk of reoccurrence is so much better than not living at all.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Dang man! That really sucks. Glad to see that it wasn't major in size and had spread.

Cancer is such the big equalizer in our lives. The hottest looking girl in my high school class and was still the hottest at my 20 yr reunion just died a couple months ago from Ovarian Cancer. She wasn't able to make it to the 25 yr reunion last year because of the cancer. No discrimination with cancer. You can live a perfectly clean and healthy life and still get it. Our odds are just increased with each bad habit we gave ourselves throughout life.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Putting my health insurance to use...revisted
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:02 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
Well my brother in law was in insurance sales about 4 years ago for about a week...and my wife bought cancer policies from him. 20 bucks a month for both of us, and if you ever get cancer you get $3,000 on the spot, plus payments for things like traveling for treatment, payments for nights in the hospital, nights in hotels, family milage, surgeries, etc etc.

Got a check for $3,250 today. I complained about that policy for the whole time we had it, but today my wife got to think she was smarter than me for a day. I think it will cover my expenses for the year and then some. Feeling much better now...cancer removed, bills removed.

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Stephanie Spielman just died of Breast Cancer. She was the wife of Chris Spielman , the former NFL linebacker. She was a big advocate in the world of Breast Cancer awareness and fundraising.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:16 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
:shock:

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:40 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 6:24 pm
Posts: 627
Location: Orland Park, IL
Boiler wrote:
Lab results came back as cancerous, but luckily it was very small, like the ball on a ball point pen. They removed it and some of the wall and it hadn't spread into the wall yet. So he pretty much thinks its all gone. So I'm fine today, no longer pissing fire either...

Just going to have to watch it forever. I am going to talk to some oncologists to make sure we're taking the right approach.

Just kind of sucks, I'm not worried about it hurting me today, but having to catch any regrowths from now until forever sucks the big one. My doctor said something like "you might go three years without seeing another tumor". That wasn't exactly encouraging to me, the thought that every three years or less I'll probably have to catch it in time again. Oh well, I guess I'm healthy today so I'm blessed in that regard.

And yep, 20 years of smoking making it tough, but I'm quitting....slowly.


Dude, I smoked for 32 years. All I got to show for it is 4 heart attacks(first one when I was 39) and a ICD. Marlboro didn't even send me a get well soon card. Grow old to see your grand kids. Quit, brother, quit!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com