LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

DARPA Grand Challenge?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1762
Page 1 of 1

Author:  dirtykj [ Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  DARPA Grand Challenge?

I assume some of you have heard of the DARPA Grand Challenge?

Assuming nobody wins this year's GC, are there any gearheads among you who want to get together and form a team for next year's GC?

In short, the DARPA GC is a race for robotic (computer-driven) vehicles to traverse 175 miles of desert terrain, within 10 hours. The course is set in Nevada somewhere.

http://www.darpa.gov/grandchallenge/overview.html

I tried pitching the idea to the company I work for but didn't get enough sponsors to go forward :cry: Let's get together and do something cool! There are enough techies in here to pull it off. I hereby volunteer myself for C/C++ programming, sysadmin, and heavy lifting. And feed the dogs.

The challenges facing the teams are:
(1) obstacle avoidance
(2) position tracking
(3) terrain following (stay on course)
(4) collision avoidance
(5) sensor data collection / fusion / mapping

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/