LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

THE $2.00 BILL I TRIED TO SPEND
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34824
Page 1 of 2

Author:  tan's2002kjlimited [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  THE $2.00 BILL I TRIED TO SPEND

On my way home from work, I stopped at Taco Bell for
a quick bite to eat In my billfold are a $50 bill and a $2 bill.

I figure that with a $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not
have to worr y about anyone getting irritated at me for trying
to break a $50 bill.

Me: 'Hi, I'd like one seven-layer burrito please, to go.'
Server: 'That'll be $1.04. Eat in?'
Me: 'No, it's to go.' At this point, I open my billfold and hand
him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny.
Server: 'Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back.'

He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within my earshot.
The following conversation occurs between the two of them:

Server: 'Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?'
Manager: 'No. A what?'
Server: 'A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me.'
Manager: 'Ask for something else. There's no such thing as a $2 bill.'
Server: 'Yeah, thought so.' He comes back to me and says,
'We don't take these. Do you have anything else?'
Me: 'Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills? Why?'
Server: 'I don't know.'
Me: 'See here where it says legal tender?'
Server: 'Yeah.'
Me: 'So, why won't you take it?'
Server: 'Well, hang on a sec.'

He goes back to his manager, who has been watching me
like I'm a shoplifter, and says to him, 'He says I have to take it.'

Manager: 'Doesn't he have anything else?'
Server: 'Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can open the safe and get change
Manager: 'I'm not opening the safe with him in here.'
Server: 'What should I do?'
Manager: 'Tell him to come back later when he has real money.'
Server: 'I can't tell him that! You tell him.'
Manager: 'Just tell him.'
Server: 'No way! This is weird. I'm going in back.

The manager approaches me and says, 'I'm sorry, but we don't take big bills this time of night.'

Me: 'It's only seven o'clock! Well then, here's a two dollar bill.'
Manager: 'We don't take thos e, either.'
Me: 'Why not?'
Manager: 'I think you know why.'
Me: 'No really, tell me why.'
Manager: 'Please leave before I call mall security.'
Me: 'Excuse me?'
Manager: 'Please leave before I call mall security.'
Me: 'What on earth for?'
Manager: 'Please, sir.'
Me: 'Uh, go ahead, call them.'
Manager: 'Would you please just leave?'
Me: 'No.'
Manager: 'Fine -- have it your way then.'
Me: 'Hey, that's Burger King, isn't it?'

At this point, he backs away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner.

I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and
I begin laughing out loud, just for effect. A few minutes later this 45-year-oldish guy Comes in.

Guard: 'Yeah, Mike, what's up?'
Manager (whispering): 'This guy is trying to give me some (pause) funny money.'
Guard: 'No kidding! What?'
Manager: 'Get this. A two dollar bill.'
Guard (incredulous): 'Why would a guy fake a two dollar bill?'
Manager: 'I don't know. He's kinda weird. He says the only other thing he has is a fifty.'
Guard: 'Oh, so the fifty's fake!'
Manager: 'No, the two dollar bill is.'
Guard: 'Why would he fake a two dollar bill?'
Manager: 'I don't know! Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?'
Guard: 'Yeah.'

Security Guard walks over to me and......

Guard: 'Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you're trying to use.'
Me: 'Uh, no.'
Guard: 'Lemme see 'em.'
Me: 'Why?'
Guard: 'Do you want me to get the cops in here?'

At this point I am ready to say, ' Sure, please!' but I want to eat, so I say,
'I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this two dollar bill.

I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I 'm taking a swing at him.
He takes the bill, turns it over a few times in his hands, and he says, 'Hey, Mike, what's wrong with this bill?'

Manager: 'It's fake.'
Guard: 'It doesn't look fake to me.'
Manager: 'But it's a two dollar bill.'
Guard: 'Yeah? '
Manager: 'Well, there's no such thing, is there?'

The security guard and I both look at him like he's an idiot, and it dawns on the guy that he has no clue.

So, it turns out that my burrito was free, and he threw in a small drink and some of those cinnamon thingies, too.
Made me want to get a whole stack of two dollar bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff.
If I got the right group of people, I could probably end up in jail. You get free food there, too.

Just think...those two will be voting soon
....YIKES!!!

Author:  dog_party [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh man! That is classic! Now I gotta dig out my old stash of $2 bills and see if I can't get some free cinna crispies!

Author:  SoDakJeep [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

had that same thing happen to me at the fair. Tryed to give a kid a 2 dollar bill for a hotdog and pop and he wouldnt take it and walked away hahahaha

Author:  nosnorb_808 [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

:lol: Wow how old do you think they were? Im 25 yrs old & know what a 2 dollar bill is. They must have been young or dumb or a mixture of both.

Author:  dirtykj [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's when you pull out ...

Image

Author:  jsc7002 [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

:-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r oh my goodness!! I even have a couple of them, but thas really funny

Author:  rangerd77 [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

holy sh%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats as funny as hell..

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:35 am ]
Post subject: 

wow... :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r

now i know how to pay off the tool man :evil:

Author:  jerseykj [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:04 am ]
Post subject: 

:shock: some how i still get suprised at how stupid some people are. but atleast they dont work for a bank.

Author:  Blue KJ in PA [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:56 am ]
Post subject: 

There prbably was no button that had a $2 increment on it. I stopped at a WAWA a while back for fuel and a coffee and noticed that the register had buttons with 1,5,10,20 on them that the clerk pushed based on what they got handed to them.... :roll:

Author:  JJsTJ [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:24 am ]
Post subject: 

:shock: True story?!?! :lol: ROFLMFAO!! :-)r
That is great! Dang good thing you got an older guard that knew and not some youngster that wasn't familiar......heck I bet my kids have never even seen one now that I think about it. :?

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:53 am ]
Post subject: 

You should have had him call the cops. That would really have set things in motion for that manager.

Author:  Jeepman56 [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:09 am ]
Post subject: 

I can just see the next employee training meeting, "Now listen here taco jockies, there is such thing as a two dollar bill, and for those of you that don't know it is worth two dollars." :lol:

Author:  Albert [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:53 am ]
Post subject: 

Tan, That is a real "classic".

I havn't seen/had one in a while so now I think the next time I go to the bank I will see if they have any. Maybe I can "mess" with somebody......haha

Author:  corwyyn [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wow, that's crazy!

So next time you go in see if you can dig up some $1 silver certificates (the ones with the blue/purple ink for the serial numbers) and watch their faces :? :P

On second thought don't spend the silver certs, send 'em to me and I'll give you a buck apiece for 'em :wink:

Author:  03CDKJ [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

:-)r
Hilarious! It sounds like a seinfeld episode... I wish that happened to me.... Score on the cinnastix!

Author:  CaKJFreedom [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

People are special. I was doing a remodel at a Toys R Us in Texas years ago and I was telling the manager he had some really "special" people working. He was defending them and I asked him to wait while I tried something. I bought a two dollar piggy bank and gave the cashier a 20. When she gave me my change I stared at it for a bit and asked if I could get the rest of my change too. She asked why, since I gave her a 20. I said "No, I gave you a 30". She apologized and gave me the other ten bucks. I gave the manager the ten bucks and said he might want to explain to her that there's no such thing as a 30. Good times baby!

Author:  dog_party [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

:mrgreen: :-)r :mrgreen:

"Special"

Image

Author:  VTNomad [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Funny money

I bought some stamps from the a machine at the post office. The stamps cost a dollar something (about 8 years ago). All I had was a $20 bill. The machine spit out 18 Sacagawea dollars (the government was really trying to push them at this time). I hate having massive amounts of changes in my pockets, so I spent them wherever I could.

I got all kinds of weird looks and a couple of places refused to accept them, said their change drawers didn't have enough slots for them. But I never got any free food out of it.

It's been a long time since I've seen a $2 bill. My grandma used to give them to me. They had dates in the 70's, and Susan B. Anthony dollars. Do they still make them? How do you get them? Do you have to ask for them at the bank?

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Post Office still gives dollar coins for change. I got a Kennedy fifty cent piece the other day from a golf course. You don't see those very often either.

If you have the old silver dollar coin, I'll take it. Try that one at a store though.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/