| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Jeep Wave... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35343 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | daspes [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Jeep Wave... |
Vent session... I just got back from test driving a new Rubicon. During that short 3 mile drive, I got 2 Jeep waves. Twice as many as I have ever gotten in the KJ during 18 months of ownership! |
|
| Author: | modular [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That would be the ridiculous JEEP hierarchy |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
modular wrote: That would be the ridiculous JEEP hierarchy
Let me rephrase...Since I went from the TJ to the KJ, I've given hundreds of waves to other Jeeps. One was returned. Now I go out for less than 10 minutes in a 4 door JK Rubi, with the dealers stickers still on it, and a TJ and YJ both wave to me! First! |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I get waves from JKs, and TJs, generally no YJs, and never any CJs. This guy in a crazy built red rubicon JK gave me the wave the other day and I ended up seeing him like 3 times within a day and a half and we were laughing by the time the 3 rd waved happened. He initiated it too, which surprised me. |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
lol go to KS then everyone waves to everyone, when I went to OK I was waving at everyone and my gf was laughing at me bc no one waved back |
|
| Author: | 03kjsport [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
most waves i get are from xj's but i have gotten quite a few from the wranglers. today at target no joke i had a 70 year old lady in an xj classic spark up a conversation about jeeps with me. cracked me up on the way home. |
|
| Author: | zzack92 [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
people need to start waving to us KJ's were Jeeps too! |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I don't wave at unmodified Jeeps. unless they initiate For a long long time, I wouldn't wave at anything with square headlights or a fixed roof OT: zzack, Milford OH or Milford MI? |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Maybe this will help ... Here are the guidelines for the Jeep wave and who is to initiate it. They maybe a little vague in some areas but in general, you're to use your best judgement. The Jeep Wave |
|
| Author: | 03kjsport [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
zzach is in MI |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have noticed that after my bumper was modified I get more waves. I think other type of Jeep owners don't know that we wheel a KJ. Face it, most KJ cruse the malls, not trails. Even more so than Wranglers. So if they can readily see that we go off road they are more likely to wave. Except for the jerks that won't except the KJ as a "real Jeep". Terry |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
|
|
| Author: | Inc [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
For those not getting any waves from other jeepers, it could always be worse. You could get waves you don't want:
|
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
incubusmike wrote: You could get waves you don't want:
I ... um ... don't know what to say to that ... I thought I would at least get one person saying something about the Jeep Wave worksheet ... I'm disappointed How about this ... My score was a 37 .... |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
OK, going off the Jeep Wave Worsheet: KJ: 65 JK: -16 |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had that jeep points list bookmarked from dirt road magazine, but it doesn't work anymore. So thanks for the new link to it. I scored 41 btw. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
HMMMM................... I scored a 55 as my KJ is right now,after SFA it scores 67. I only wave here if waved to unless I know the person,otherwise I'd get into crashes all the time since I'd be waving not stop from the amount of Jeeps here in CO. |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
daspes wrote: OK, going off the Jeep Wave Worsheet:
KJ: 65 JK: -16 Did you buy that JK rubicon you test drove? |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: HMMMM...................
I scored a 55 as my KJ is right now,after SFA it scores 67. I only wave here if waved to unless I know the person,otherwise I'd get into crashes all the time since I'd be waving not stop from the amount of Jeeps here in CO. Cause you keep it too clean. rock rash (kane creek bit the door), three kids, and three dogs rolling with me boosted the score. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|