LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Looking for a keyboard cell phone (verizon wireless)
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39400
Page 1 of 1

Author:  2005KJSport [ Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Looking for a keyboard cell phone (verizon wireless)

I'm not sure if this is okay to post here, but please let me know if not.

I am looking for a verizon wireless cell phone that has a full keyboard. If anyone on here has an extra phone or they have switched to a different carrier, send me a PM with what you have and how much you are looking to get for it.

I realize this is not a cell phone forum but there is a definite level of trust from everyone on this forum. I feel that i could probably find something in better condition and quality here then ebay or craigslist.

Author:  Guest [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:10 am ]
Post subject: 

Just out of curiosity, what is the draw to the keyboard style cell phones?

I understand it's for texting...but I still can't wrap my head around the appeal of texting either...so...enlighten me!

As long as my phone has an mp3 player and Tetris, I want for nothing!

Author:  2005KJSport [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

To be honest, Thunderbird, I would like my friends to enlighten me....I personally cannot stand texting but they refuse to pick up the phone and call me.

So rather than wasting my time trying to type out a quick text message on my current phone (a few minutes easy), I will spend some $$ to get a full keyboard on my phone to save some precious time.

Author:  zzack92 [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

gah i just sent back my old env i woulda been glad to sell. Its a good phone for texting and you should be able to get it rather cheaply seeing as the env 2 is already out.

Author:  Guest [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

2005KJSport wrote:
To be honest, Thunderbird, I would like my friends to enlighten me....I personally cannot stand texting but they refuse to pick up the phone and call me.

So rather than wasting my time trying to type out a quick text message on my current phone (a few minutes easy), I will spend some $$ to get a full keyboard on my phone to save some precious time.


It takes me tons of time to type out "Hey, what're you doing?"

So I blocked the service.

Now, I get calls "Did you get my text?" "No" "oh, well I was wondering..."

"Guess what"
"What?"
"You could've done that 10 minutes ago"

ThunderbirdJunkie refuses to conform to society's idiotic text-messaging trend!

Author:  jsc7002 [ Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:04 am ]
Post subject: 

I have a moto Q and I love it, the newer ones are the Moto Q9m and Q9c they are both nice I almost bought a newer one but I think I am going to get the LG Dare instead

Author:  2005KJSport [ Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

jsc7002 - Does the Moto Q require any additional data plan via Verizon compared to a standard cell phone? I see alot of Moto Q for sale pretty cheap on CL but wondered if that would cost me more per month then a standard cell phone.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

nope, no required fees like some of the other phones. I would really try to get the Q9m or Q9c, the Q9m is more of a music phone.

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
2005KJSport wrote:
To be honest, Thunderbird, I would like my friends to enlighten me....I personally cannot stand texting but they refuse to pick up the phone and call me.

So rather than wasting my time trying to type out a quick text message on my current phone (a few minutes easy), I will spend some $$ to get a full keyboard on my phone to save some precious time.


It takes me tons of time to type out "Hey, what're you doing?"

So I blocked the service.

Now, I get calls "Did you get my text?" "No" "oh, well I was wondering..."

"Guess what"
"What?"
"You could've done that 10 minutes ago"

ThunderbirdJunkie refuses to conform to society's idiotic text-messaging trend!


Are you still using a bag phone or did you upgrade :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Chevy1500_Travis [ Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

jsc7002. Just to let you know i have the dare and really dont like it. Keyboard is impossible to use. I mean you may like it but im not much for it.



Travis

Author:  toy4everyseason [ Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:31 am ]
Post subject: 

I have an old Treo 600 Smartphone collecting dust. It looks like this:
Image
Mine is a little more used than the one in the picture. I'd let it go for $50 shipped. PM me if your interested and I can email you a picture of my phone.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Chevy1500_Travis wrote:
jsc7002. Just to let you know i have the dare and really dont like it. Keyboard is impossible to use. I mean you may like it but im not much for it.



Travis


...crap lol, Im gonna go look at it today, so is it a pain in evry type of txting or just as the keyboard.

thats one thing I love about my Q, I can txt with one hand easy. no t9 or word or any of that other stuff just a keyboard.

Author:  Chevy1500_Travis [ Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

When the phone is sitting regular it has a regular type abc button type that is ok. but when you flip the phone sideways to get the keyboard the typing is horrible. when i bought it i thought i would just have to get used to it but i didnt. and everyone else i have talked to that has it has said the same thing.

Author:  _UnLiMiTeD_ [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

lg vu is a great text phone, u can get it for $79 when u get a new plan. Its a full touch screen phone that has a touch screen qwerty keyboard. Awesome overall phone

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/