| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New Toy!!!! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40711 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | durangotang [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New Toy!!!! |
OOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I'm excited Can't wait to get it built up!!
|
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ok mister... we better get MOAB porn from that frame |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I almost bought one of those once. I had a Big Hit and an RM9 and then got out of riding. Miss it occasionally though. I had a nasty run in with a tree at 30+ mph and thought that was enough. What components are you gonna build it with? |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
wheres the motor go!? jk looks like it'll be a sweet ride |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Inc wrote: I almost bought one of those once. I had a Big Hit and an RM9 and then got out of riding. Miss it occasionally though. I had a nasty run in with a tree at 30+ mph and thought that was enough. What components are you gonna build it with?
Oh it's going to be running an Atomlab trailpimp wheelset, profile cranks, saint brakes, saint shifting, fox dhx5 in back...blah blah blah. It'll be a fun freeride bike so I don't trash my DH race rig. |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Oh, that's beautiful! What is the travel on the rear? |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
stupid double-posts. |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
8.5" |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Very nice. Do bighit bikes like that typically have a rear shock lockout? I can't tell whether yours does or not, I'm just curious. Love the design and concept of bikes like that, just don't have that much stuff to ride off of here at the beach. My newest bike is a big stretched-out beach cruiser. |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Nope... no lockout. It's fully active all the time. You wouldn't want to have to pedal this thing anywhere anyways. The frame and fork as shown weighs in at 16lbs!! And there's nothing wrong with a stretched out beach cruiser... I thought they were mandatory... here's mine
You got cruiser pics? |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
16lbs! Holy cow! You're right, I don't want to pedal that thing around town. Yea, I fought it for a long time. Just rode my Specialized single track bikes around town all the time. Finally realized that standing up while cruising is not really that enjoyable. I gave in last year and bought myself an Electra Coaster 7D. Awesome cruiser. "Flatfoot" (pedal forward) design. This is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. I can literally cruise all around town on this thing all day without biking shorts and without any problems at all.
I am planning to custom make a bag to fit in the "tank" area and another little round bag custom made to hang in front of the handle-bars. I am trying to decide whether to use OD canvas for the bags, or tan leather...or maybe keep it all blacked out and use black leather. I am also planning to custom make fenders for it, front and rear. Never done anything like this, but I think it will be fun to try. Thinking: LED headlights integrated into the front fender and gearbox integrated into the rear fender. I don't know if I'll ever actually make it happen or not, but it's been fun doing the initial sketches. I can't wait to see picts of your new bike after you get all the other components on it! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|