LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

I still like Guinness
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41532
Page 1 of 2

Author:  warp2diesel [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  I still like Guinness

Image

I guess I have gone green in more ways than one now.

Author:  corwyyn [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pah, you can have it. Give me a nice ale or bitter any day! Go yeasts GO!

Author:  oddball [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

I still don't like Guinness.

Yeah sure I've drank the cool popular beers too. Many are good, but give me a Miller High Life, Genuine Draft, Rolling Rock or a Corona and I'm one happy guy. Of course these must be bottled, and if they're in a bucket of ice, that makes me even happier. :D Oh yeah, I've never been known to turn down a Old Style bottle or can either.

Author:  wheeee32 [ Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:17 am ]
Post subject: 

Guinness is okay but I actually like the taste of a Murphy's Stout when it comes to dark beers. My two fav's currently are Fat Tire and Sunshine Wheat with a slice of orange.

Author:  JJsTJ [ Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:21 am ]
Post subject: 

Sams Cream Stout please and/or most any thick rich Oatmeal stout.....oh heck, just gimme a Stout! (i'll wash it down w/ an ale or lager if it gets stuck in my pipe)

btw, ftr, I don't drink beer to get drunk so a couple of them goes a long way. :D

Author:  swanyo [ Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:39 am ]
Post subject: 

JJsKJ wrote:
Sams Cream Stout please and/or most any thick rich Oatmeal stout.....oh heck, just gimme a Stout! (i'll wash it down w/ an ale or lager if it gets stuck in my pipe)

btw, ftr, I don't drink beer to get drunk so a couple of them goes a long way. :D


I don't drink beer to get drunk either, just happens occasionally! :wink:

Author:  warp2diesel [ Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  Cream Stout

JJsKJ wrote:
Sams Cream Stout please and/or most any thick rich Oatmeal stout.....oh heck, just gimme a Stout! (i'll wash it down w/ an ale or lager if it gets stuck in my pipe)

btw, ftr, I don't drink beer to get drunk so a couple of them goes a long way. :D


Guinness is not the only choice, just one of many. Bemish, Murphy's, Black Widow, Moose Drewelle, ect all go down great.
Plus, I only drink it to enjoy it, not to get drunk.
Heck, B complex vitamins is enough of a reason to enjoy.
Besides, suicide rates in the parts of the world where Beer is available are very low.
Parts of the world where Beer is forbidden (Middle East), suicide is high.
Those who can not enjoy a beer, need to find other sources of B complex.

Author:  JJsTJ [ Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cream Stout

warp2diesel wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
Sams Cream Stout please and/or most any thick rich Oatmeal stout.....oh heck, just gimme a Stout! (i'll wash it down w/ an ale or lager if it gets stuck in my pipe)

btw, ftr, I don't drink beer to get drunk so a couple of them goes a long way. :D


Guinness is not the only choice, just one of many. Bemish, Murphy's, Black Widow, Moose Drewelle, ect all go down great.
Plus, I only drink it to enjoy it, not to get drunk.
Heck, B complex vitamins is enough of a reason to enjoy.
Besides, suicide rates in the parts of the world where Beer is available are very low.
Parts of the world where Beer is forbidden (Middle East), suicide is high.
Those who can not enjoy a beer, need to find other sources of B complex.


Wow, never knew it was so good for me too! Guess I'll have a couple more a week! :D

Author:  wheeee32 [ Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm glad I'm not the only lightweight in here. :lol:

Author:  warp2diesel [ Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Another Guinness benefit

Once when I was enjoying a can and I read the information on the side.

I found out something I could have not learned with even my advanced university degree.

What a Widget really is :D :D :D

Think about how many PHDs don't even have a clue, but working stiffs do :idea: :idea:

Author:  RkyMtnKJ [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Oh you would like Fat Tire Wheee, you're from FoCo, the microbrew paradise :D then im not far away from there myself

Author:  SNAFU [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 am ]
Post subject: 

GUINNESS!!!, some dropkick murpheys and or flogging molly. I love GUINNESS.

:-)r :-)r :-)r :mrgreen: :-)r :-)r :-)r

Author:  wheeee32 [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:13 am ]
Post subject: 

RkyMtnKJ wrote:
Oh you would like Fat Tire Wheee, you're from FoCo, the microbrew paradise :D then im not far away from there myself


I found Fat Tire before I even moved here. I was in heaven when I took a tour of the brewery. :twisted:

Author:  InCommando [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

All of this stuff is for wussies. All of that water, malt, & hops just takes up space where ALCOHOL should be! :D

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

InCommando wrote:
All of this stuff is for wussies. All of that water, malt, & hops just takes up space where ALCOHOL should be! :D


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so true so true

Author:  superj [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

we used to get a couple of carta blancas with dinner when our business office was on the texas mexico border in the town of weslaco, texas. we would walk over the border at the progresso bridge and get a steak and sides plus 5 or 8 good ol mexican beers for about 8 bucks. man, that was a hell of a deal. then we would comfortably buzzed make way back across the bridge and head to the office to play some basketball or watch tv.

carta blanca or corona with some limes dropped in are great. i guess we are spoiled here also having shiner made here. we get tons of great beers.

Author:  oddball [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

And it's true, Mexican beer is better south of the border than here in the USA. Tecate & Pacifico are good too. Now I have a craving for a iced bucket of bottles and some peel & eat shrimp in the sand at Cabo San Lucas. :D

Author:  warp2diesel [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 pm ]
Post subject:  In Mexico....

....La Negra.
Fat Tire is good too.
I wish I could remember the micro brew from Oregon that Horizon air serves.

Author:  suero [ Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

TECATE with lime and salt.....or Indio, this one they don't sell it in the US.
CARTA BLANCA, only in the stadium watching a soccer game in mexico. I'm thirsty now. :D

Author:  superj [ Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

now we can't even cross hte border anymore with out a passport though, right?

i totally forgot tecate.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/