LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Concorde acting up
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43281
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Boiler [ Mon May 18, 2009 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Concorde acting up

My wife said her airbag indicator light was lit yesterday while driving home. She said that while it was lit, she couldn't get the windows to operate. Once she restarted, everything was fine.

What does an airbag indicator light typically mean? Anyone have a clue about the windows? Sad to say it she's had an electrical anomaly forever. The interior lighting comes on for 1 to 10 seconds at will, whether its parked in the garage, or driving down the road. It usually happens sporadically / infrequently.

I took it for a drive and noticed a little squeak/whine every time I tured the steering wheel at all. It sounded like the power steering had a tiny amount of fluid blowing over over a relief valve. If you had the radio on at all you'd never hear it. About as loud as my Jeep transmission noise when I shift from reverse to park or drive. Heck, this could have always been there...

Any recommendations on what to check with the steering?

Also, has anyone heard of airbags deploying spontaneously or due to normal stopping / emergency stopping? I don't want to see her get plastered by an airbag thats faulting. Especially if she's clipping along at 60...

Author:  Guest [ Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

The air bag light means the airbag is not operational.

Does the horn work when the air bag light is on? how 'bout cruise control?

Author:  Boiler [ Mon May 18, 2009 10:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Light hasn't come back on, and the windows work again. I'll have her watch for it and check.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/