LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Serious Matter Please Read
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43632
Page 1 of 1

Author:  4WheelAholic [ Thu May 28, 2009 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Serious Matter Please Read

I watched a music video today that made me want to take a moment to remind everyone to be safe out there whether it be at home, camping, driving, or wheeling. I know we are all smart enough not to drink and drive but remember there are others who aren't. I hope every one has a safe summer season. Following is the music video and some statistics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5997qBnx9s&feature=related

Alcohol Impaired Driving Statistics

Alcohol Impaired Driving Statistics

Total Fatalities / Fatality Rates

250,000 people have died in alcohol related accidents in the past 10 years.
Presently 25,000 people are killed each year in alcohol related accidents.
500 people are killed each week in alcohol related accidents.
71 people are killed each day in alcohol related accidents.
One American life is lost every 20 minutes in alcohol related auto crashes.
It is estimated that one out of every two Americans will be involved in an alcohol related accident in his or her lifetime.
In 1994, New Hampshire had 119 total highway fatalities, 42 were alcohol related (or 35.3% of the total). New Hampshire leads the nation with one of the lowest percentages of alcohol related fatalities.

Cause of Death

Alcohol related crashes are the leading cause of death for young Americans, between the ages of 16 and 24 years old.
For all Americans between 5 and 35 years of age, motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death. Over 50% of these accidents are caused by alcohol impaired drivers.

Recent Alcohol-Involvement

Over 50% of all fatal highway crashes involving two or more cars are alcohol related.
Over 65% of all fatal single car crashes are alcohol related.
Over 36% percent of all adult pedestrian accidents are alcohol related.
80% of all fatal alcohol related auto crashes occur between 8 pm and 8 am.
36% of all adult pedestrian accidents involve an intoxicated pedestrian.

Author:  kskj [ Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Good video, makes you think.

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

One of the reasons I got SUV's. I'd rather be hit when I am in something big. Drunk drivers piss me off almost as much as sex offenders and tweakers.

Cross posted too.

Author:  HoosierJeeper [ Fri May 29, 2009 7:39 am ]
Post subject: 

Replied over at JKJ, but it's eye opening none the less. :shock:

Author:  Ryan09 [ Fri May 29, 2009 9:21 am ]
Post subject: 

That video really hit a nerve!

When I was just a kid I lost two very special girlfriends of mine at the hands of a chronic alcoholic, a repeat DWI
(Driving while intoxicated) offender who clearly never gave a "flying F ck at a rolling doughnut!

My girl was hit at over Eighty miles per hour!
She was hit so hard that she was sent flying through the air and slammed into the ground over two hundred and forty feet from where she was initially hit.
The other girl who barely survived was so messed up that nobody thought that she was going to live!

I lost contact with her due to her medical condition.
She spent some sixteen months in the hospital to get better! :(

About six years ago we reunited once again. Purely a fluke! And ended up working together.
Both as C.A.T.V. cable technician's

She also owns a Jeep! a 1989 Cherokee that is built up quite nicely!
Unfortunately we lost touch again. I reminded her of her best friend who died.
She will never recover fully from her physical or physiological injuries!
What a waste of two of the most beautiful girls that I ever met! :cry:

If a tragedy like that ever happens to one of my daughters, I'll take the offender deep into the back country and duct tape him/her to a tree, make them bleed and coat them in Honey and let the wildlife sort it out!

Author:  LibertyFever [ Fri May 29, 2009 10:21 am ]
Post subject: 

I can't understand why there are repeat DUI offenders? They clearly never should get the "privilege" of driving back.
Truth be told many repeat DUI offenders don't have a license when the do commit another offense. Maybe we can post their pics in every liquor, beer wine store and every bar & tavern in America. Never mind, it would take a wall the size of the Vietnam Memorial.

Author:  chava_olllllllo [ Fri May 29, 2009 7:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wow this video is amazing. Videos like these are reasons why I am ok with being a DD. Also makes reflect on how lucky my parents were not seriously injured with their accident involving a drunk driver. My parents were at a complete stop in the turning lane when a drunk driver driving his mother uninsured car plowed head on into my parents. Although my dad's crown victoria was totaled the body held up even though the civic plowed into them at 45 miles an hour on a residential street. I really dislike drunk drivers and have when I see drunk drivers reported them.

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

that was a powerful video.
Too bad people can not start thinking more before drinking.

I know we all or at least most of us has done it in the past. (WE WERE CAREFUL) Well nower days, there is alot more people on the roads late night and drive with no reguards to others, Drunk or not.. (NOT AN EXCUSE) but, the sad thing is most of the accidents are teenagers and young 20's drunk drivers.

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Sat May 30, 2009 12:03 am ]
Post subject: 

Here is what I don't get. I drink like a fish, heck I consider it a hobby. I would never get behind the wheel of anything with a motor (Even a weed whacker or a stereo) if I had any bit of alcohol in my system. I did drive a bit slightly impaired once and got pulled over by a Washington State Trooper (40MPH in a 30MPH). Even though I was technically legal it was an eye opener for me. Unless it was for an experiment in a controlled environment I will never drive with any bit of alcohol in my system.

Author:  phluffhead [ Sat May 30, 2009 5:49 am ]
Post subject: 

"oh its just a few blocks/miles, ill be fine"...

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Serious Matter Please Read

BTT

Author:  Murphyman [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Serious Matter Please Read

http://www.broslikethissite.com/2009/05 ... iving.html

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/