LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Fun with Seafoam
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43638
Page 1 of 1

Author:  long_tall_texan [ Fri May 29, 2009 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Fun with Seafoam

I sucked the Seafoam thru the brake booster in my wife's suburban today. First time ever at 92,500 miles. LOTS of smoke! The old lady across the street was watching in amazement.

Image

Author:  HoosierJeeper [ Fri May 29, 2009 7:50 am ]
Post subject: 

:lol:

Author:  linewarbr [ Fri May 29, 2009 11:19 am ]
Post subject: 

I don't mean to be dense, but. . . what in the world is the point of that? And why would Seafoam in the brake booster cause the exhaust to do that?

Author:  dog_party [ Fri May 29, 2009 12:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

linewarbr wrote:
I don't mean to be dense, but. . . what in the world is the point of that? And why would Seafoam in the brake booster cause the exhaust to do that?


With Seafoam you want to put 33% in the gas tank, 33% in crankcase, and 33% in the intake manifold. One of the easiest ways to get it into the intake manifold is through the brake booster vacuum line.

Author:  long_tall_texan [ Fri May 29, 2009 12:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

You disconnect the vacuum hose from the brake booster. Then the vacuum from that hose sucks the Seafoam directly into the intake. Let it gradually draw it in for a while. Then when you are nearing the end of the bottle, submerge the hose and let it kill the engine. It basically floods the engine. Then you leave it sitting for about 30 minutes so the Seafoam has time to dissolve the buildup. Then start the engine and burn it all off. Google it. You will see many recommendations to do it...

Author:  linewarbr [ Sat May 30, 2009 12:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

long_tall_texan wrote:
You disconnect the vacuum hose from the brake booster. Then the vacuum from that hose sucks the Seafoam directly into the intake. Let it gradually draw it in for a while. Then when you are nearing the end of the bottle, submerge the hose and let it kill the engine. It basically floods the engine. Then you leave it sitting for about 30 minutes so the Seafoam has time to dissolve the buildup. Then start the engine and burn it all off. Google it. You will see many recommendations to do it...



Can I do that with my KJ CRD, or is this for gassers only? I'm sure the intake could use a cleaning.

Author:  long_tall_texan [ Sat May 30, 2009 11:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

I am not sure. Maybe one of the diesel guys will pipe up here and let us know. Anyone????

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sun May 31, 2009 12:18 am ]
Post subject: 

I know it can be used in the fuel, but their isn't really a way to get it in to the intake with out sucking it through the turbo... And I wouldn't do that

Author:  long_tall_texan [ Sun May 31, 2009 12:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Good point. Yeah, I don't think I would run it thru the Turbo either.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sun May 31, 2009 12:25 am ]
Post subject: 

even if their was a a hole in the hose or inter cooler, you would still have to find a pressurized delivery system that could over come the turbo

Author:  ATXKJ [ Sun May 31, 2009 9:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

linewarbr wrote:
Can I do that with my KJ CRD, or is this for gassers only? I'm sure the intake could use a cleaning.


1) Diesels don't have a vacuum lines to the engine - the vacuum is a separate pump
2) gmctd had a post about Seafoam - definitely don't want to add to the fuel tank
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=405976#405976

Author:  ribbon [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:49 am ]
Post subject: 

for diesels use lubro molly diesel purge. its a easy job.
You can run the engine directly off of the purge liquid. I have only done it to high mileage diesels. My 300sd improved greatly after one bottle. Not sure about crds maybe someone can chime in

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/