LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

deleted all of my PM's...again!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43737
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Boiler [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:41 am ]
Post subject:  deleted all of my PM's...again!

Ok, about every 2 weeks I accidentally delete all of my PM's. It's starting to bug me.

Seriously, that button is so not needed. It's pretty easy to check them all, considering how few messages fit in the box. Then delete checked...

I check a bunch, hit delete, instinctively say "yes" thinking I'm deleting selected, when actually I just erased all of my correspondence...

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:26 am ]
Post subject: 

wth the forums bein weird again

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:26 am ]
Post subject: 

ya, there's a mark all / unmark all button too which you could then hit delete after a mark all if that was your intention

i've done it several times myself

this gets on my nerves worse tho


Quote:
You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:36 am ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
ya, there's a mark all / unmark all button too which you could then hit delete after a mark all if that was your intention

i've done it several times myself

this gets on my nerves worse tho


Quote:
You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.


Yes, I hate that message to :evil:

Author:  JJsTJ [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 am ]
Post subject: 

Operator error. systems only doing what you asked of it. :wink:

Author:  Boiler [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Would require very little effort to delete all without it though.

Author:  oddball [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Diggerfreek wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
this gets on my nerves worse tho


Quote:
You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.


Yes, I hate that message to :evil:


Me too. Oddly enough, I usually get that in the Lifer's forum.

JJsKJ wrote:
Operator error. systems only doing what you asked of it. :wink:

Exactly.

Author:  Boiler [ Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm not saying the forums are acting up, I'm saying it is unnecessarily easy to delete them all unintentionally.

Author:  Burchie [ Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 am ]
Post subject: 

Boiler wrote:
unnecessarily easy to delete them all unintentionally.


so we need to make things more difficult for things we intentionally want to do.

huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Boiler [ Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Ok, it was just a thought. If y'all don't have this problem then great. I just thought clicking "mark all" prior to delete marked was about as "easy" as clicking delete all. I know its a lot easier than getting back all of your deleted messages....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/