LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Got my steering linkage fixed
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44290
Page 1 of 1

Author:  KJWildman [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:50 am ]
Post subject:  Got my steering linkage fixed

Finally after six mos. of hurting and basically only being able to use just one arm, had my surgery today :D :D . I fell on the ice way back in Jan. and went thru therapy for what the Dr. at first said was a torn rotator cuff!. Only problem was it just got worse :shock: :x . The Dr., finally after 3 mos., got the insurance to cover an MRI, which allowed them to actually correctly diagnose my torn labrum ( which is the actual shoulder cup not just the cuff around it), he said there were two tears and STOP THERAPY IMMEDIATELY "you're only going to make it worse!! :shock: Thanks Doc.!!

So they went in today and fixed it. After he got in there the orthop. Dr said there were actually 3 tears, a bone spur and all the ligaments were frozen. He fixed the tears, ground off the bone spur and ended up severing all the ligaments at their attachment to allow full movement again. The Doc said they should grow back longer if I start my P.T. right away. I should be back to work in 6-7 weeks.
Image

Guess my KJ sits there with the new tranny, shift kit, torque converter, all new amsoil fluids and a tranny skid sitting in the back for a while longer. :cry: ( unless.....)

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Bummer on the shoulder.... I broke the tip of my radius at my elbow and after 2 surgeries, it still isn't the same

Author:  KJWildman [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the encouragement :D DIGGER !!!! :lol:

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's a bummer. Makes having an Auto much better in these situations.

Also, time to get yourself a new doctor. Though most doctors will do the same thing. Insurance companies drive them to do treatments a certain way. Doctors don't diagnose treatment, the Insurance Co's do it. A sad system.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

larryewaller wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement :D DIGGER !!!! :lol:


Sorry :oops: I didn't mean it to sound like that :lol:

Author:  KJWildman [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

'S OK :D :D couple 'o vicodin and I don't care :D

Author:  JJsTJ [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Hope you aren't left handed?

Author:  KJWildman [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:06 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks, Joe and JJ. Ya sometimes the docs hands are tied as far as getting paid for things. We had talked about an MRI early on but insurance wanted therapy first! I trust my Dr.. he's been seeing me for 25 years. And no JJ, I'm right handed so I don't even have to switch arms :shock: :roll: :oops: . Sorry, it's getting late :P

Author:  STINGN [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:24 am ]
Post subject: 

larryewaller wrote:
'S OK :D :D couple 'o vicodin and I don't care :D


after my knee and hip surgery, i had oxy cotton, only had 5 pills total, 1 per day during lunch and i was messed up, in a bad way didnt like it

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/