| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Dang It!!! (fender bender this morning) http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46068 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | wheeee32 [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Dang It!!! (fender bender this morning) |
I'll hear from my claims agent manana. Always an inconvenience. The lady that hit me had expired insurance. I got all of her info including her license plate, addy, and phone. Maybe it's a good time to line-x the fenders. |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well that blows. Hopefully you're covered for uninsured motorists. |
|
| Author: | wheeee32 [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah that's one of the first parts covered under my policy. I was looking forward to spending my day off tomorrow studying for my ASVAB exam and going swimming. Not now. I hate saying it but it could have been much worse. I was bracing for a possible spin-out but it stayed straight with little correction. The strong aroma of burning tire was in the air for sure. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Why are you studying for the ASVAB? Just take it. It is all basic stuff except for knowing engine parts (if you don't know a thing about engines and vehicles, then study up a little but still covers basics). Then again, the way school systems are now, you need to study because they only cover what you need to learn to take those stupid tests so they can get more money. No more "education." Tough luck about the damage. Odd how you got that dent but no damage to the flare in the same area. |
|
| Author: | KJKev [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I hope you have better luck with an uninsured driver than I did. My insurance paid for the repair and then went after him. They never did find him. But they didn't look very hard either. I told them to send an adjuster to my house and I would walk him to the guys door. My insurance went up too. Not to mention I was managing a body shop at the time and I wouldn't take any more jobs from them. I dropped them before they dropped me. Good Luck. |
|
| Author: | wheeee32 [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Tokyojoe wrote: Why are you studying for the ASVAB? Just take it. It is all basic stuff except for knowing engine parts (if you don't know a thing about engines and vehicles, then study up a little but still covers basics). Then again, the way school systems are now, you need to study because they only cover what you need to learn to take those stupid tests so they can get more money. No more "education."
Tough luck about the damage. Odd how you got that dent but no damage to the flare in the same area. I'm studying for the ASVAB so that I can get the highest possible score which gives me a bit more freedom on job choices. I was expecting the whole side of the flare to be scraped up. I'm hoping to get the Jeep into the shop manana. |
|
| Author: | tomsjeep [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That sux. My brother backed into the side of my Libby when it was only a month old. Ouch. Damage to about $1,000. I can't imagine studying for the ASVAB... I'm a mechanical idiot, and still scored well enough to have any job the Army offered. Including small vehicle maintenance and truck mechanic. If I'd gone that route, I'd have been tried for treason, because my mech skills are so bad! |
|
| Author: | cluelessklewer [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
sorry about the damage. i would go ahead and line x the flares... i just got all mine flares and bumpers done a few weeks ago and its the best 200 ive spent in a while |
|
| Author: | KY Liberty [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
cluelessklewer wrote: sorry about the damage. i would go ahead and line x the flares... i just got all mine flares and bumpers done a few weeks ago and its the best 200 ive spent in a while
You got the flares and bumpers Line-X'd for only $200??? |
|
| Author: | cluelessklewer [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KY Liberty wrote: cluelessklewer wrote: sorry about the damage. i would go ahead and line x the flares... i just got all mine flares and bumpers done a few weeks ago and its the best 200 ive spent in a while You got the flares and bumpers Line-X'd for only $200??? yep... well technically rhino lined, but yea. i thought it was a good deal. everything but the roof rack for 200, couldnt pass it up |
|
| Author: | wheeee32 [ Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
cluelessklewer wrote: KY Liberty wrote: cluelessklewer wrote: sorry about the damage. i would go ahead and line x the flares... i just got all mine flares and bumpers done a few weeks ago and its the best 200 ive spent in a while You got the flares and bumpers Line-X'd for only $200??? yep... well technically rhino lined, but yea. i thought it was a good deal. everything but the roof rack for 200, couldnt pass it up Dang! I just might do that if I can find a good deal going. |
|
| Author: | KY Liberty [ Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
wheeee32 wrote: cluelessklewer wrote: KY Liberty wrote: cluelessklewer wrote: sorry about the damage. i would go ahead and line x the flares... i just got all mine flares and bumpers done a few weeks ago and its the best 200 ive spent in a while You got the flares and bumpers Line-X'd for only $200??? yep... well technically rhino lined, but yea. i thought it was a good deal. everything but the roof rack for 200, couldnt pass it up Dang! I just might do that if I can find a good deal going. OK, that sounds more like it. My color matched Line-X Xtra with Kevlar and UV protection on the bumpers, doors, and fenders, and black Line-X Xtra with Kevlar and UV Protection on the brush guard, sliders, splash guards, and top of the rear bumper cost close to $2000. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|