| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| FireFox Coolness http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46327 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | FireFox Coolness |
Installed a new Add On to my FireFox Browser. It's called Context Search and what it does is allow you to highlight text, then right click and use any of the search engines that you currently have installed, opening the results in a new tab. Incredibly handy. Get it here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/240 |
|
| Author: | TAHOE [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'll have to look into that. I switched to firefox on our new laptop couple months ago, I think I like it more than IE. Wifey won't use it though. I saw the new google Chrome out too, wonder how well it works. |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've been using Firefox for quite a while. I hate when I get on a system that only has IE available, usually end up downloading the portable version of Firefox to use while while I'm on it. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
safari has this feature built in, though only with google search, though thats all I use anyway |
|
| Author: | Budke [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I love that add-on! And persona's. I like being able to change the look of firefox. |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sir Sam wrote: safari has this feature built in, though only with google search, though thats all I use anyway
It does, but Safari is my backup. My default browser is Firefox. I'm running Leopard (soon to be running snow leopard!). I like the themes available in FireFox better too. I'm currently using a Chicago White Sox theme but that's going to change real soon. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
oddball wrote: Sir Sam wrote: safari has this feature built in, though only with google search, though thats all I use anyway It does, but Safari is my backup. My default browser is Firefox. I'm running Leopard (soon to be running snow leopard!). I like the themes available in FireFox better too. I'm currently using a Chicago White Sox theme but that's going to change real soon. just got snow leopard, i dont know whats so amazing yet |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I ordered the other day. It hasn't arrived yet. |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I run firefox to..... U have used chrome and it is very close to fire fox..... |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Which reminds me - Steve did I hear you correctly the other day when you told overclocked you're using IE? |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm using Google chrome and I like how it works. My son installed it or I would not have even know it existed. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
oddball wrote: Which reminds me - Steve did I hear you correctly the other day when you told overclocked you're using IE?
Internet Explorer? no, i must have just said use the internet browser, I use firefox, can't stand the safari update and IE sucks |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
STINGN wrote: oddball wrote: Which reminds me - Steve did I hear you correctly the other day when you told overclocked you're using IE? Internet Explorer? no, i must have just said use the internet browser, I use firefox, can't stand the safari update and IE sucks Yes it does. I was going to say, if you were using it, you're the only Mac user I know who does. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
nope, thats what my mac uses right here...
|
|
| Author: | oddball [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Dude, drag that Hard Drive to the dock (and turn off the desktop view), and put that folder & .doc away! Your desktop is looking like a peecee user's! |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
oddball wrote: Dude, drag that Hard Drive to the dock (and turn off the desktop view), and put that folder & .doc away! Your desktop is looking like a peecee user's!
need it for work and for class, just easy access |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
STINGN wrote: just got snow leopard, i dont know whats so amazing yet Just ordered two Family packs today (8 macs in the house)
The biggest change that I'm looking forward to is the HDTV support for my Mac Mini Home Theater setups! several other small changes that I'm interested in. Upgrading them all, just to make things simpler. |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It snowed today. Snow Leopard is faster and uses less HD space. Check your space after upgrading to see how much you gained. I'm still debating the Dock. the stacks have sub-stacks and the updated QuickTime. Apple adjusted the colors on the displays and I like the ability to add day and date to the menu bar clock. Overall, it is an improvement. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|