LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

LOST 2009 Secret Santa !
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47415
Page 1 of 5

Author:  callaway [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  LOST 2009 Secret Santa !

Last year I started this a week and a half into November and I think there were about 15 people who played, maybe by starting a little earlier more people will see the post and play the game :P

What game ? This game !


Image LOST KJS 2009 Secret Santa! Image







Lets get to the rules !




Image Rules Image

- $20 suggested max gift
- Last day to sign up will be Thursday December 3rd
- Items should be sent to arrive in time for Christmas ( shoot to have things mailed by 12-14? )
- This shouldn't need to be said, but this is a family friendly board so please keep the gifts clean





Image How it will work Image

- Send me your info if you want to play
- December 4th I'll send out who you have via pm's ( names will be randomly assigned )
- Once you have received your person, get a gift for said person and mail for pre-Christmas delivery
- Once you have received your gift, post up pictures of what your secret santa brought.





Image

If you want to partake this year send an email to raw4986@ameritech.net with lost kj secret santa as the subject.
Please include your Name, address, and forum name in the body of the email and I'll add you to the list Image






For more info that you cared to know on secret santaing consult all knowing wikipedia :P

Author:  Budke [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

I might partake in this. :D
Just gotta make sure I got 20 bucks for it. ha

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Digger will play this year.... I'll send an email later on :D

Author:  durangotang [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm in too :D

Author:  Budke [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ahh, what the hell, I'm in.

Author:  Quicksilversurf917 [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Im in....email sent.. :D

Author:  durangotang [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

yellocoyote wrote:
See what peer pressure does?! :lol: :wink:


This is just in time... yesterday I got a grease stain on the shirt you sent me last year :lol:

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Email sent :lol:

Author:  kskj [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm in, E mail sent. 8)

Author:  oddball [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm in - email sent.

Author:  Budke [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Peer pressure in intense!!

Now just to find out what to get for whoever.

Author:  callaway [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

We're off to a strong start ! Thanks for playing guys ! 8)

Author:  callaway [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

yellocoyote wrote:
[
Well, if I get your name again I'll have to find another one for you to replace it. :P




Hopefully you will not get the same person as last year... See post soon to come for how people are assigned... :roll:

Author:  Budke [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

One rule should be you can't open it until christmas!

Just to build suspense. :D

Author:  callaway [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

yellocoyote wrote:
No one actually said in the photo thread last year who their Santa's were (for those few who actually posted photos :roll:).

Can that info be given this year... once gifts are received?



I told a few people last year who their santa was, but it was after the fact. Part of the fun of this, at least imo, is not knowing who your santa was :P


When I give out names I'll keep the usernames private ( you'll get a real world name and mailing address ) then it's up to your sluething skills to piece together who you have :D ( since most people have the locations in the profiles it shouldn't be too hard finding out who you have, but if you really want to know I'll tell you :P )

That probably didn't answer your question.... :P

Author:  callaway [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

How are Santa's decided ?

So no one thinks I'm playing favorites, here's how the pairing procedure works...

On the morning of December 1st I will pull out my trusty TI-83+ and start matching up gifters with giftees based on the following process...

The process...

1. Each person gets a number assigned to them based on the order in which they gave me their info.

2. The total number of people playing are accounted for ( 1 thru 'n' ) and the series is randomized using the 83+. This number is the 'Santa Number' and just serves to break up the nice sequential series.

3. Using the 83+, a random number 1 through 10 ( 'y' ) will be generated.

4. Using the 83+, a string of random, non repeating numbers will be created ' y ' times. The final series of numbers will be recorded in a separate column as ' Giftee Number '

5. By matching up the ' Santa Number ' with the 'Giftee Number ' Secret Santa's are determined.

Note: In the event a ' Santa Number ' matches an assigned ' Giftee Number ' steps 3 - 5 will be repeated until there are no instances of a ' Santa Number ' matching a ' Giftee Number '


Sample Excel Sheet...
Image

So based the sample, Bill is the Santa for Kevin, Joe the Santa for Tony, Tony the Santa for Bill, and Kevin the Santa for Joe.

Did I lose anyone yet ? :P

Author:  callaway [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

yellocoyote wrote:
No, not really... :?

Natural curiosity - would have liked to have known who had who, that's all.



If the Santa wants to post up who he/she had that's up to them, but once all is said and done I can throw up the master list of who had who :P

Author:  Budke [ Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

callaway wrote:
How are Santa's decided ?

So no one thinks I'm playing favorites, here's how the pairing procedure works...

On the morning of December 1st I will pull out my trusty TI-83+ and start matching up gifters with giftees based on the following process...

The process...

1. Each person gets a number assigned to them based on the order in which they gave me their info.

2. The total number of people playing are accounted for ( 1 thru 'n' ) and the series is randomized using the 83+. This number is the 'Santa Number' and just serves to break up the nice sequential series.

3. Using the 83+, a random number 1 through 10 ( 'y' ) will be generated.

4. Using the 83+, a string of random, non repeating numbers will be created ' y ' times. The final series of numbers will be recorded in a separate column as ' Giftee Number '

5. By matching up the ' Santa Number ' with the 'Giftee Number ' Secret Santa's are determined.

Note: In the event a ' Santa Number ' matches an assigned ' Giftee Number ' steps 3 - 5 will be repeated until there are no instances of a ' Santa Number ' matching a ' Giftee Number '


Sample Excel Sheet...
Image

So based the sample, Bill is the Santa for Kevin, Joe the Santa for Tony, Tony the Santa for Bill, and Kevin the Santa for Joe.

Did I lose anyone yet ? :P


Totally lost me..... :?

Author:  wheeee32 [ Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm in. email has been sent.

Author:  Boiler [ Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Sounds like fun! Email sent.

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/