| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Vibration when I let off the gas...thoughts? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47531 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Boiler [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | Vibration when I let off the gas...thoughts? |
Drive my wife's Concorde today and I noticed a vibration every time I let off the gas if going over about 45. It almost feels like a tire not in balance, but I wouldn't think that would be noticable only when coasting over about 45 mph... Basically the engine needs to be at a certain amount of RPM's or something vibrates. Any ideas or things to check? |
|
| Author: | BugginKJ [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
A tire starting to "sling" its belts can do that. Engine or trans mounts, c.v.'s, tie rods, lower control arm bushings and lower ball joints. Thats where I would start....... |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
check the driveshafts and rear boomerang bushin and what not |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The inevitable questions: -Is there a noise or just a vibration? -Where do you feel it most? (steering wheel, pedals, seat, etc) -does braking make it better/worse? -automatic or manual? |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Loose nut behind the wheel? Gotcha! |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
-Is there a noise or just a vibration? NO NOISE -Where do you feel it most? (steering wheel, pedals, seat, etc) STEERING WHEEL -does braking make it better/worse? BETTER -automatic or manual? AUTO I noticed it before but my wife was oblivious. I've been driving it while waxing the jeep for the last couple days and its bugging me... |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I like that he asks a question about a Concorde and gets the standard answers for the Liberty! READING 101=FAILED gotcha jeepin! |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
haha, i just cried a little, i'm sorry boiler |
|
| Author: | 1996xj [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Boiler, check inner and outter tie rods and balljoints up front, I've seen a lot of problem's with them !!! |
|
| Author: | nightdrv [ Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Friend of mine had this problem just a few days ago in his Lancer. (ie, not EVO) lol. Loose wheel lugs. Just another of the suggestions that would've been. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|