LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Woohoo! NAVY here I come!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47550
Page 1 of 3

Author:  wheeee32 [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Woohoo! NAVY here I come!

I am now enlisted in the NAVY. I ship out on the 9th of February! I'm way stoked! Here's a link for the job I'll be doing.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjob1/a/at.htm

Author:  BugginKJ [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congrats! 8) I have a few Navy buddies and they dug every minute while in, one retired from the Navy and talks ALL the time about it. You will have fun and a great service to our country. Also, thank you! 8)

Author:  dcsveen [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

congrats, at least you picked a relatively marketable skill for when you get out, i'm the idiot that sold my soul to the infantry when i enlisted in the army..... haha don't get me wrong its awesome at the same time haha but anyways. Good luck

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anchors Away bro!

Author:  USAFCOP [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Welcome to the service.... Squid!!
Good luck, beware the Greatlakes cold in Feb when running BattleStation drills!

Author:  wheeee32 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:31 am ]
Post subject: 

It would be cool like have a NAVY Jeep sticker or something similar. Hmmmm :twisted: Bet it could be made.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:32 am ]
Post subject: 

they probably make navy anchor versions of these too

Image

:wink:

Author:  wheeee32 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:21 am ]
Post subject: 

USAFCOP wrote:
Welcome to the service.... Squid!!
Good luck, beware the Greatlakes cold in Feb when running BattleStation drills!


^^That looks sweet! Where'd you get that badge at?
Haha! :lol: I'm already dreading the bitter cold during drills.

Author:  KJKev [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congrats and thanks for your future service.

A buddy of mine was a navy avionics tech. He loved it. Now he works building complex control panels for an electric company.

Author:  wheeee32 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

I must say that I felt the pride and excitement building up inside me as I was taking my oath. Great feeling.

Author:  KJ Willy [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

The NAVY is a good life, and it is all what you make of it. You chose the Air dale side so you will have a good time. HTKPH is an air dale and I am sure he will give you some pointers when he gets a chance.

I have been in for 15 years and at least 5 more to go. I love it so much I volunteered to go to Kuwait.

Author:  vintageroy13 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

welcome.
been in 9 years and have loved at least part of every one of those.
in know a couple of AT's good job and definitly a trade you can use when you get out. hope you make the best of it.

Author:  oddball [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congrats. Take it from a former "soldier" - excellent choice on your part. So after you get to GreatMistakes, be sure to hook up with us (LOST Illinois members) here in the Chicago area. Until then, best of luck!

Author:  2006 KJ [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

congrats! my sister just joined as well.. she's going to great lakes basic a month from now. she's going in as a linguist / cryptologist!

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

I went to Great Mistakes for basic on March 5, 19XX. We had days with wind chills at -20 degrees! We were lucky, a few weeks earlier, it was -80 degrees wind chill. We didn't do much physically outdoors. A lot of "Mashing" in the barracks. I went to the Basic Electronics and Electricity School there at Great Lakes also. Snipes Corner is where I stayed.

I was in the Nuclear Power Program. I ended up on a carrier out of Norfolk. Those were some awesome times!

Good luck! Just remember, it is all about testing you mentally and to train you to be a TEAM player. Follow what the Company Commander's and the ropes tell you and use common sense (i.e. never lean on a wall when in a line). Know your general orders and who the current chain of command is (from the Prez on down through Navy ranks to your Company Commanders, when you get them). Help a buddy out when you are done (making bunk, folding clothes, marching, polishing boots, etc...), even if he is a screw up...or all of you pay the price.
RPOC would be great to become but most of them would lose their voice about halfway through. Sq Leaders are best to become (no galley work).

Author:  wheeee32 [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:46 am ]
Post subject: 

Wow. More people in the service than I knew. Thanx for the info guys. Any pointers and headsup are welcome so feel free to send them.

Author:  KJ 119 [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congrats Wheeeee32.Thanks for your devotion.

Thank mabe you can talk Budke into joining? :lol:

Author:  Budke [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJ 119 wrote:
Congrats Wheeeee32.Thanks for your devotion.

Thank mabe you can talk Budke into joining? :lol:


Hah, I've already been thinking about taking the plunge.
Might wait til it warms up a lil though. :wink:

Author:  eyehatetofu [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

x 1,000 for Great Lakes being cold. Two of my brothers have been through there, both durring winter, I can't imagine doing drills and running and whatever else when its that friggin cold. I was only there for their graduations, and I was miserable.

Anyways best of luck, and thank you for your service!

Author:  KJ Willy [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Start working out and getting into shape if you are not already.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/