LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

New Family Member
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47588
Page 1 of 1

Author:  4wdParakeet [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:12 pm ]
Post subject:  New Family Member

I don't post much on here anymore but I still lurk around quite a bit. This was my first experiance of online forums. Since I was here today and don't post much I thought I would post of pics or our new family member.

Image

She is a 2yr old english mastiff. We got her from a couple that had a new baby and new jobs. They were forced to make her an outside dog and it really bothered them that they didn't have the time to spend with such a gentle and loving dog.

She weighs in about 160 and will hit 190+ in the next year or so. She has the best temperment of any dog I have ever met. A true gentle giant that loves nothing more to have her belly rubbed and take up about half my couch. If you are a big dog person and have kids I would highly reccomend a mastiff.


Parakeet

Author:  tonycrd [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice!

Author:  eyehatetofu [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just got a "big" dog myself. Got him from a family that was hit pretty hard by the economy. He is a little smaller than your gal, he's only 140 pounds. Your dog takes up half your couch, but mine steals my chair :D

Good looking dog though, and I hope all goes well with your new addition!

Here's a pic of my new buddy.

Image

Author:  4wdParakeet [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

She semi answers to virginia but nobody in the family likes it. Since she doesn't answer to it anyways I think we are going to rename her just don't know what yet.

Is that a great dane? I was looking at those or mastiffs. We weren't planning on getting a dog but my wife was looking through craigslist and saw her. She sent the link to me more as a joke but I had to respond. We took the family to meet her and we were all sold on sight. Her getting hyper was wagging her tail vigerously.

My 16mth old has already taken to her and visa versa. Rylee (daughter) is already using her as a jungle gym and all the little dog does is turn her head and kiss the little one. I'm amazed she is this gentle.


Parakeet

Author:  wheeee32 [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looks like an awesome dog. The mastiffs I've been around all had laid back personalies. Cool dogs.

Author:  eyehatetofu [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

4wdParakeet wrote:
She semi answers to virginia but nobody in the family likes it. Since she doesn't answer to it anyways I think we are going to rename her just don't know what yet.

Is that a great dane? I was looking at those or mastiffs. We weren't planning on getting a dog but my wife was looking through craigslist and saw her. She sent the link to me more as a joke but I had to respond. We took the family to meet her and we were all sold on sight. Her getting hyper was wagging her tail vigerously.

My 16mth old has already taken to her and visa versa. Rylee (daughter) is already using her as a jungle gym and all the little dog does is turn her head and kiss the little one. I'm amazed she is this gentle.


Parakeet


Yeah a Great Dane. I have alway liked big dogs. I was looking at Great Danes, Mastiffs, and New Foundlands, and the Dane I found was too perfect and needed a new home. He is the best dog I have been around, super laid back, and easy going.

Author:  TAHOE [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

We had an apricot english Mastiff, Too bad we had to get rid of him. My cousin in tenn used to breed them, Ole Charlie was 5 months old and he still had him. We got him from free, was fairly laid back dog until... he hit about 16 months old and hormones kicked in. He would try to fight the dogs next door through the fence, then turn on my boxer and bassetts. He was 130#'s when we adopted him out, his daddy hit 200#'s. The new owners said he made a great floor rug right in front of the TV when he wasn't roaming their 40 acres farm. I remember being at my cousins and Charlie's dad, Lucky, walked by the porch and my cousin stated... "There goes Lucky runnin across the yard" That was about his full speed. i thikn we we still have had one if we had gotten a female.
Anyway, all that to say pretty dog! looks like a nice find.
I like the Dane too, we've always wanted one of those too.

Author:  KJ 119 [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Awesome dogs there.The Dane's tail is cool.
I'll get a big'n again someday.

Author:  TAHOE [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I didn't notice the rings on the Dane's tail at first... that is cool!!!!

Author:  dog_party [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 am ]
Post subject: 

What cute giant fuzzy babies! Thanks for sharing picts!

Author:  MNKK [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 am ]
Post subject: 

Gotta love the big pups! I want a Newfoundland, but I think my wife would kick me out. :lol:

Right now we have our house over run by Ozzy (AmStaff Terrier) and Eugene (cat?). They are both confused as to what they are supposed to be. Ozzy thinks he is everything but a dog, and the cat thinks he is a dog.
They are both very "special".

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/