| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| camera **updated with first d3000 pics** http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47592 |
Page 1 of 3 |
| Author: | Robbrez [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | camera **updated with first d3000 pics** |
what type of camera should i get ..ive been looking into the nikon d3000 |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Uh-oh, this could potentially get bad. That being said, go with Canon! I don't know what your budget is but the Canon Rebel T1i is a great beginner DSLR with loads of cool features for when you get a little more experienced. Plus it can shoot 1080p video, which you may think you would never use, but most likely would. Its $650 with free shipping from B&H photo, $700 from best buy, and probably way more from your local camera store. I know the Nikon D3000 is cheaper, but you get way less camera IMO. The prices I was looking at were for body only. |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
And if you just want a camera to take better pictures, don't bother with a DSLR, a lot of people just get confused with them. If you want to spend some time and know what your doing even a little bit, get a DSLR, but if you just want really nice photos and without the hassle, look into this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/643177-REG/Canon_3632B001_PowerShot_G11_Digital_Camera.html Super portable, if you used a point and shoot you can use this, plus there are tons of advanced features if you so become inclined. If you can't tell I really like Canon products, and have used them for years! |
|
| Author: | Robbrez [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i really want to spend some time on it and get better at taking pictures so i really have my mind set on a DSLR is there another canon camera around the $450-600 range that you would reccomend? |
|
| Author: | Robbrez [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
how do you feel about the canon rebel XS and how does it compare to the rebel T1i and the d3000? i really appreciate your information |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
OK, take a gander at this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/542180-REG/Canon_2756B003_EOS_Rebel_XSi_a_k_a_.html Not as nice as the T1i, but pretty sweet. You don't get video but is a big step up from the XS at not much more cost. The highlights are the 3 inch LCD screen which no where near compares to the 3 inch one on the T1i, but is way better than the 2.5 inch on the XS, also, there are a lot of other goodies like the different metering types, including spot metering. I could go on, but in that price range this is pretty nice. I would save up the extra 150 bucks and go with the t1i, but the XSi is pretty sweet. |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
In that price range, honestly, all the DSLR's are going to do about the same thing. Big differences between them is going to depend on some personal preferences... -which brand fits your hand better? -which brand's controls feel less awkward right off the bat? These two should be big factors in your choice... any of the big contenders will take great shots... ps... if you get a Canon, make sure to pick up a Canon 50mm F1.8 lens... you can get one for around $80 and it is a WONDERFUL lens. Best of luck on your purchase! |
|
| Author: | rt_power [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
We bought the XSi about 4 months ago and have yet to be disappointed.Like eyehatetofu said, spend some time and know what your doing. ours came with the 18-55mm and 75-300mm both are great lenses but i found the 18-55mm even as a beginner, the lens was very hard to get a great focused shot. All and all we are very pleased with the camera and we will have a lot of growth with the wide range of lens that are out there and as the wife gets better. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I am not a photographer by any means ( I'm just a 4WD builder and lover Talked to several people and one photograper said to get a Canon Powershot SX110, 10 optical zoom, 9.0 mega pixels. He uses it as a quick camera to grab, point and shoot. Not the perfect camera I know by any means but got great shots while in Tanzania and on the Safari, easy for anyone to use, and just sent three more over there for the co-owners of the Safari company. Some of the photos I took are now on the Superb Tours and Safaris website So just something to think about |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i'm so tired of the delay that's in all of my digital photo items (phones and actual cameras) that i'm about to go back old school with the 35mm ratchet and snap shutters |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JeepinJarhead03 wrote: i'm so tired of the delay that's in all of my digital photo items (phones and actual cameras) that i'm about to go back old school with the 35mm ratchet and snap shutters
Digital SLR's don't have shutter delay. Infact most "cheap" DSLR's are faster than their film SLR counterparts. Also, some high end P&S cameras have no delay as well. |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
both of my digital cams were over 300 bucks, one has a shutter delay, the other has a slow shutter, basically if the objects moving, its gonna trail/blur |
|
| Author: | KJWildman [ Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My wife has a Sony Cyber Shot, 6 MP, that's good for the P&S shots, but for $600 I'll stick to my 25YO 35mm Minolta X570, 5 different lenses is kind of a hassle but stiil good after all these years |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
larryewaller wrote: My wife has a Sony Cyber Shot, 6 MP, that's good for the P&S shots, but for $600 I'll stick to my 25YO 35mm Minolta X570, 5 different lenses is kind of a hassle but stiil good after all these years
I love shooting film. I don't think digital will ever be able to reproduce that magic that film has. Only problem is there are no more choices for film, no one even bothers making it anymore. I still shoot medium format 120 film whenever I can, and luckily my favorite film is still around! Hey Robbrez, you get a camera yet? |
|
| Author: | tomsjeep [ Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've been shooting for a long time... was a photographer in the Army, and have used a lot of camera systems. Canon, Hasselblad, Mamiya, Minolta, Nikon... all great cameras... what are you trying to do? And for $600 you're barely going to get your foot in the door with an DSLR system. I can't even get a lens I would use for that price, much less a camera. If you just want to take decent photos that allow you to get past the 'point and shoot' range, try the Canon G11 (as someone else recommended)... it's a great camera, in your price range, and will make you happy. But be forewarned, get your hands on any camera before you buy it, play with it, make sure it fits your grip, works like you want, etc. That's my complaint about Hasselblad - everything on it runs backwards to my instincts, so every adjustment had to be made, then unmade and made correctly. Takes the fun out of things. If you're shopping online (after having tried cameras), reliable sources are: Adorama, Amazon, B&H and Calumet (all get good marks, are reliable and honest). Be wary of 'too good to be true' online deals from the zillions of shady online dealers... bad move. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Newegg had really good prices on canon digital rebels last I looked. |
|
| Author: | tomsjeep [ Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
eyehatetofu wrote: larryewaller wrote: My wife has a Sony Cyber Shot, 6 MP, that's good for the P&S shots, but for $600 I'll stick to my 25YO 35mm Minolta X570, 5 different lenses is kind of a hassle but stiil good after all these years I love shooting film. I don't think digital will ever be able to reproduce that magic that film has. Only problem is there are no more choices for film, no one even bothers making it anymore. I still shoot medium format 120 film whenever I can, and luckily my favorite film is still around! Hey Robbrez, you get a camera yet? When I want to shoot mf, I get out my old Diana and go play. Lots of good fun with that camera. I have an old Kodak Brownie stashed away someplace, but I'm convinced there is fungus growth on the lens, because it doesn't seem to deliver images even as decent as the Diana. |
|
| Author: | BugginKJ [ Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I am by NO mean a photographer! But I love to shoot photo's, I have 2 both handed down to me by my father after he passed away. The first is a Nikon AF N8008s and the second is a Nikon FM2 with a motor drive. I have no clue how to use both to their capabillities, my Dad was the photo nut. I also have an awesome tripod that I can use for both. After I read the manuals and make adjustments, the photos I can shoot are mind blowing. I also have 4 different lens that inerchange between the 2. But be prepared to spend lots of money on film and developing to find out some of your shots are just junk |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tomsjeep wrote: eyehatetofu wrote: larryewaller wrote: My wife has a Sony Cyber Shot, 6 MP, that's good for the P&S shots, but for $600 I'll stick to my 25YO 35mm Minolta X570, 5 different lenses is kind of a hassle but stiil good after all these years I love shooting film. I don't think digital will ever be able to reproduce that magic that film has. Only problem is there are no more choices for film, no one even bothers making it anymore. I still shoot medium format 120 film whenever I can, and luckily my favorite film is still around! Hey Robbrez, you get a camera yet? When I want to shoot mf, I get out my old Diana and go play. Lots of good fun with that camera. I have an old Kodak Brownie stashed away someplace, but I'm convinced there is fungus growth on the lens, because it doesn't seem to deliver images even as decent as the Diana. X 1000 I have a Diana and a Raliegh (Diana clone), two Holga's, and my trusty RZ 67. I love using the Diana! The best is the reaction you get from using a cheap looking plastic box, people don't believe its a real camera. |
|
| Author: | Neatus [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
My 2 pennies here. I am a fan of the lower end Nikon series DLSRs. the D40 and D60. The otherr DSLRs from Canon and Sony in this price range seem pretty good to me as well. My aunt has the Canon Rebel I think and my friend has the Sony Alpha. These are all the models for around $600 bucks. They all turn out amazing pictures but the Nikon is just the one I like to hold in my hand. It just feels way better to me than the others. I have also use a Nikon D70(not produced anymore) and I really really really liked that camera. As for point and shoots. I have had four in the last 5 years. My most recent one was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500. I kept this one on my pocket all the time including when I washed it one day |
|
| Page 1 of 3 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|