LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Mountain biking
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47707
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BugginKJ [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:25 am ]
Post subject:  Mountain biking

Just wondering if anyone here is into mountain bikes? I am no avid biking expert or cyclist but do enjoy the every now and again bike treck or offroad adventure 8) I own a Bridgestone MB3 with Rockshoxs up front and usually get stopped by someone who is a BOB member or just in love with the Bridgestone bike line that is no longer made. 8)

Author:  tonycrd [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

I am, we go out every sunday riding mountaintrails. (yep..those you can see in the background :D)

I have a self-build Cannondale F600...

Image

Author:  David Jr [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

I used to, before i took this job back in 2000. I own a Cannondale killer V500. I stopped riding when this job took all the energy out of me. :( I miss it alot, but i'm out of shape now and i doubt i could pick it back up. :( :( :(

Author:  STINGN [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tony, how do you like the "LEFTY" set up that Cannondale has done, I was thinking about doing that to mine possibly.

Author:  BugginKJ [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

My fat butt requires 2 shocks up front :lol: :lol:
I have heard of that set up but have never seen it, very nice bike!
Now I have take pics of mine tomorrow and post em up :lol:

Author:  nightdrv [ Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:00 am ]
Post subject: 

I currently ride an 08 Schwinn Peloton, and an 05 Giant NRS (primary).


I don't ride as much as I did 2-8 years ago, but I plan on getting back into it as much as possible (after the move).


BTW, I'm a bicycle mechanic as my main job.. so any questions or parts help, just ask.

Author:  dog_party [ Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have two Specialized RockHopper Comps (one circa 1992 and one from 2005) that I like to take on any single-track I can find. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of single-track at the beach, so most of my riding locally is done on my Electra Coaster (beach cruiser).

Author:  Rich [ Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

Mine:

Image

Frame up build

Frame- '06 S-Works Stumpy FSR 120
Shock- '06 Fox Float R w/"Brain Fade"
Fork- '09 Fox F120 RLC 15mm QR
Bars- Easton Monkey Bar
Stem- Thompson Elite 0* 120mm
Headset- King
Brakes- '06 Juicy 7's
Shifters- Shimano Dura-Ace bar-end shifters on Paul's thumbies
Front Mech- Shimano XT
Rear Mech- Shimano XT
Chain- Shimano XTR
Cassette- Shimano XT
Pedals- Shimano DX Plats
Cranks- Shimano Saint 175
BB- Shimano Saint
Rings- Shimano Saint 22T, Salsa 34T
Bash- e.thirteen
Hubs- Hope Pro II 15mm QR front, standard QR rear.
Spokes- DT double butted
Rims- Single Tracks
Rubber- Kenda Nevagal 2.1
Seatpost- Thompson Elite layback
Seat- some random Specialized
QR's- FOX 15mm front, Salsa Flip-Offs rear and seat

Wife's

Image

Bought as complete bike, and upgraded when things break

Frame- '07 Santa Cruz Juliana
Shock- '07 Fox Float RP23
Fork- '07 Fox F100 RL
Bars- Race Face XC
Stem- Race Face XC
Headset- King
Brakes- Juicy 5's
Shifters- Shimano XT
Front Mech- Shimano LX
Rear Mech- Shimano XT
Chain- Shimano XTR
Cassette- Shimano XT
Pedals- Straightline FR
Cranks- Shimano LX
BB- Shimano LX
Rings- Shimano XT 22T, Salsa 34T
Bash- e.thirteen
Hubs- Shimano XT
Spokes- DT
Rims- Mavic somethin-or-another
Rubber- Kenda Nevagal 2.1
Seatpost- Race Face XC
Seat- WTB (female specific)
QR's- Shimano XT

....just need that darn sun to come back out again :(

Author:  durangotang [ Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mountain biking

I've been known to do some riding here and there... :rockon:

Image

Image

Author:  STINGN [ Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mountain biking

I have a few bikes actually

my first mountain bike, I now use the Gary Fisher
Image
I found this bike in a creek by my house, police report never came up so its mine
Image
same thing with this bike
Image
then my gary fisher looks very similar to this, it was a custom bike made for my brother, and on the frame it says "Gary Fisher Joshua E" i can try to get pics of this ASAP
Image

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/