| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Rejected!! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47825 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Rejected!! |
Was a bit surprised on this one... there is a Willys Rally in Moab this coming May... the flyer said to bring your wagon or truck... I thought I'd ask before I sent them a donation and signed up: "Hi there, I saw a flyer for the event over on *some website* and had a question for you.... can a 2A join in the festivities? I'll be there anyways to check out the wagons and trucks. Any chance I can join in the trail runs? Just wanted to ask before I RSVP... Thanks" Here's the response I got: "You are absolutely welcome to attend and talk shop with us, however we have been getting many requests like yours so we ask that you help us keep to the theme of the event. Half of the goal of this event is to have a mess of wagons and trucks only, gathered in one spot. The other half is to gather the people together that love them. So, we ask that you park on the outskirts of any gathering such as parking lots or keep your distance on the trails. The only reason we ask this is to not spoil any photo ops that will present themselves. We also ask that you help us advertise this event by letting people know of it and possibly distributing flyers. (attached) Why dont you just buy a truck or wagon to attend the event???" Wow... what's with the jeep-on-jeep hatin'? They are apparently turning away everyone like this including the old Jeepsters, FC trucks, army rigs, etc.... |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
| Author: | ridenby [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sorta snootty of them. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I am confused here. A wagon or truck? What does that specifically mean? Jeep Pickups and Wagoneers? |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Willys wagons and Willys pickups |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
To each his own. I'd skip it then. |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
| Author: | linewarbr [ Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Reeeediculous. What a bunch of bags. I would have replied: "Sure, I'll keep my distance. But what is the going rate for your tow vehicles? I'll be glad to come and pull out any of them that get stuck." That will chap his hide, I betcha. |
|
| Author: | AZKJ [ Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Come on guys... cut them some slack. Step back and look at the big picture. They are a make and model specific club. No different than a Corvette club, or a Mustang club that is specific to pre-1973 models or whenever it was when they came out with the stepchild Mustang II. I can see their point. If you want to run with them, then get what they drive or fall in line behind them. I just sold a Chrysler Crossfire last year and belonged to an internet Crossfire club. We put on runs, the first was from Santa Monica to Monteray up the PCH 1. Later one of the members sold the XF for a Mercedes SLK 350, he was still welcomed on our runs. He gave us the courtesy without being asked to run behind the XF's and staying out of group shots. Several times we asked him to park dead center for some pics as the XF's heritage is directly deceded from the SLK 320. The guy had real class. So for what it's worth... no big deal and if you want to play with the Willy's guys, respect there wishes. |
|
| Author: | CRDMiller [ Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm with azkj It's vehicle specific. What if it were a all liberty event and some a-hat brought a rubi? Come on now! |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
CRDMiller wrote: I'm with azkj
It's vehicle specific. What if it were a all liberty event and some a-hat brought a rubi? Come on now! well Id be will to bet that if it was a LOST event they would be more than welcome to join. |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
jsc7002 wrote: CRDMiller wrote: I'm with azkj It's vehicle specific. What if it were a all liberty event and some a-hat brought a rubi? Come on now! well Id be will to bet that if it was a LOST event they would be more than welcome to join. I'd bet that to |
|
| Author: | AZKJ [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yes they would be welcomed because we "are not" model specific. Plain and simple, were two completely different style of clubs. There is nothing wrong for them to want to stay with there own.... |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
You guys really think that our group at LJS or somethign would turn away anyone because of their vehicle? If someone showed up with a hummer or a Sami... I don't know many here that would tell them no. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
AZKJ wrote: Yes they would be welcomed because we "are not" model specific. Plain and simple, were two completely different style of clubs. There is nothing wrong for them to want to stay with there own....
I agree with AZKJ................LOST is not model specific, hence why I'm on here so much. I can talk about diesels, my KJ, my XJ, and my next vehicle (the XK) come next year. Technically, Durango didn’t get rejected, he basically was asked to come, visit, take photos, and even ride on the trail (at a distance). |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
CRDMiller wrote: I'm with azkj
It's vehicle specific. What if it were a all liberty event and some a-hat brought a rubi? Come on now! Ummmmm.... we have a bunch of Rubi's that attend our LOST events... |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
durangotang wrote: CRDMiller wrote: I'm with azkj It's vehicle specific. What if it were a all liberty event and some a-hat brought a rubi? Come on now! Ummmmm.... we have a bunch of Rubi's that attend our LOST events... Yes, but we (LOST) aren't vehicle specific. That's why we are so cool.......... |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
It is their sandbox and their rules. I have no problem with that. I wouldn't run my playground that way, but that is up to them. |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It was a "Willys" meet - I never would have asked to attend. But that's me. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
durangotang wrote: You guys really think that our group at LJS or somethign would turn away anyone because of their vehicle?
If someone showed up with a hummer or a Sami... I don't know many here that would tell them no. We have had a couple brothers bring their Tracker to the LOST Moab events in the past, and ran the trails with us......and it wasn't on steroids either!!! I agree that it is a specific vehicle event and they have a right to only ask Will wagons and trucks be a part of the "show," but the way he wrote his message was incorrect. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|