LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

College Fraternities
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=48032
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Murphyman [ Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  College Fraternities

As of now, I have been pledging Lambda Chi Alpha (ΛΧΑ) for about 7 weeks. Just about done I think, or getting there. Boy has it been an interesting experience, one that I don't regret but I would also like to never do it again.

Just curious if anyone else was in a Fraternity (or Sorority for the girls), and if there are any kind of experiences you'd care to share.

Author:  03CDKJ [ Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

I hung out at a frat (ADO) so much they made me an honorary member.... I got a hat :lol:
I just went to all the parties and didn't have to do all that bullcrap.
Man those were the days! :lol:

Author:  Murphyman [ Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hmm, never heard of ADO. Are you sure it's not ATO?

Author:  03CDKJ [ Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Alpha Delta Omega

Author:  03CDKJ [ Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oneonta-N ... 2347471856

Author:  Blue KJ in PA [ Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tau Kappa Epsilon...Rho Chi Chapter

Author:  Murphyman [ Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Blue KJ in PA wrote:
Tau Kappa Epsilon...Rho Chi Chapter


We have TKE here, they're of a decent size. How did you like everything?

My chapter is the Sigma Upsilon Chapter by the way, if anyone cared.

Author:  Hood297 [ Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just went through pledgeship at Pi kappa phi...

It SUCKS. pledge life is hell

Author:  Murphyman [ Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hood297 wrote:
Just went through pledgeship at Pi kappa phi...

It SUCKS. pledge life is hell


How are you liking it now? It is pretty awful for a while, but necessary to an extent.

Author:  MOSFET [ Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  GDI

I was a Gamma Delta Iota. :wink:

Author:  linewarbr [ Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Not being a turd here or anything, but I never really understood what the point of being in a fraternity was? When I was in school (Southeastern Louisiana University - yes Murphy, ASU kicked the crap out of the Lions) there were quite a few frats and sororities but I never could tell what they actually did.

Author:  Murphyman [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

linewarbr wrote:
Not being a turd here or anything, but I never really understood what the point of being in a fraternity was? When I was in school (Southeastern Louisiana University - yes Murphy, ASU kicked the crap out of the Lions) there were quite a few frats and sororities but I never could tell what they actually did.


For me, it was a great chance to meet a lot of cool people. The very first night I was there, we went to 3 Lambda Chi parties and every single member introduced themselves without me even making a move. Since then, I've grown very close with my pledge class as well as a good amount of the brothers. It builds a lot of great friendships, but not in a cheesy way.

Since I've been pledging I've been very busy, a good change from the first few weeks when all I did was chill in the dorm with a few friends all day. I personally like it, and we should be getting initiated this weekend. It's not for everyone, nor is it the greatest thing ever. But it's fun, I love it, and that's all that matters to me.

Author:  Hood297 [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Murphyman wrote:
linewarbr wrote:
Not being a turd here or anything, but I never really understood what the point of being in a fraternity was? When I was in school (Southeastern Louisiana University - yes Murphy, ASU kicked the crap out of the Lions) there were quite a few frats and sororities but I never could tell what they actually did.


For me, it was a great chance to meet a lot of cool people. The very first night I was there, we went to 3 Lambda Chi parties and every single member introduced themselves without me even making a move. Since then, I've grown very close with my pledge class as well as a good amount of the brothers. It builds a lot of great friendships, but not in a cheesy way.

Since I've been pledging I've been very busy, a good change from the first few weeks when all I did was chill in the dorm with a few friends all day. I personally like it, and we should be getting initiated this weekend. It's not for everyone, nor is it the greatest thing ever. But it's fun, I love it, and that's all that matters to me.


x2 on the above, and in addition it is also a great way to make business contacts as well as a lifetime of brotherhood with people you would otherwise not be as close to.

Author:  Murphyman [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Just got through with I-Week. Now today is the big day.

Author:  dgeist [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GDI

MOSFET wrote:
I was a Gamma Delta Iota.


Ha! I didn't know there were other chapters of GDI around. I was in a music service sorority (yes, it's co-ed and yes, I preferred being around mostly girls in a predominantly male school :)

I hung out with a bunch of Chi-Psi guys for a while and they kept inviting me to parties, then gave me a bid. I didn't mention that I wasn't rushing but depending on the group, fraternities can either be really cool or a real bunch of jerks (much like any group of people). I did candid party photography in school, too, so I got paid to go to all the parties and drink the beer that the brothers' dues paid for :wink:

Dan

Author:  Murphyman [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just got initiated. FINALLY! And DGerist, there certainly are a bunch of jerk frats. Every member in mine RARELY even wears the letters of the fraternity, we're in it for the bonds and friendships, not just to throw some Greek Letters up and get with girls. Glad to finally be on the otherside.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

you had to pledge for PKP?

Our chapter of PKP doesn't pledge since it's a honor frat/society

i didnt have to pledge for PKP, golden key, magna cum laude or NSHS or epsilon pi tau

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/