LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Cigars - Like?/Dislike?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=48272
Page 1 of 2

Author:  tan's2002kjlimited [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Cigars - Like?/Dislike?

My little story:
Up until 17 years ago I smoked cigarettes, pack & a half a day, for 15 years.
Got diagnosed with a circulatory disease. My fingertip ulcerated and died.
Nicotine REALLY plays havoc with your circulatory system.
I was told if I didn't quit I would, at the very minimum,loose half a finger - amputation.
Made a promise to GOD that I would quit,(someone you don't break a promise to). I quit within 2 weeks.
My fingertip healed over a painful 6 month period.

I went 6 years not smoking. Someone gave me a little Macanudo Ascot, and I liked it.
I started bending the promise by starting smoking cigars.
I don't inhale, did accidently once (out of habit) and thought a lung
was going to come up and out.
1 now and then at first, but average 1-2 a day now. My way to relax after work.

Started with cheap ones, but found they were just that, cheap.
Didn't draw right, or at all. Okay if you buy singles but expensive if you buy boxes.
I finally settled on a few decent, affordable brands and all has been well.
Now I have found a few cigar auction sites. Some ultra-premium brands at good prices.
Graycliff, Arturo Fuente, Ashton etc. along with all the slightly lesser quality brands too.
My problem is, the OCD is kicking in. I can't bear to loose an auction on a good cigar.
I think I need an intervention. (J/K, know when to say when!)

I won't tell you the sites, don't want YOU to outbid ME!

Author:  oddball [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

I chose "Like" since I wouldn't consider myself a cigar smoker. Occasionally I will have one with certain people during certain events and such.

As for cigarettes, they are the only vice I have had, which I've never been able to kick. :roll:

Author:  kskj [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't smoke but my Dad did smoke cigars when I was a kid and I still like the smell of a good cigar. He was supposed to have quit a few years back. He is 77 years old now and every now and then when in get in his truck I can smell cigars. I guess he still has one every now and then. :lol:

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Since I work in a Health and Wellness Center and one of our three core requirements is Tobacco Cessation, you don't want to hear my opinion. Both of my parents smoked when I was growing up in Ohio (think winter and stuck in a car with them - no such thing as windows rolled down) and my dad was a 2 pack a day smoker. They both quit a year after I left for the Navy. Hmmmm.

While you may not "inhale" cigars "directly........no comment.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:58 am ]
Post subject: 

well one, i cant stand to smoke indoors, unless it's just one.. and by just one i mean, just that one that week.. but that's cigs

I love nat sherman cigs - used to get them back in the day that had crushed mint in the filter ( yea nat sherman been doin that "Camel Crush" decades before camel, cept we didnt have to crush nothin) FDA got after the "chocolate mint thing" so now it's just "Mint" but they're still pretty good on occassion

my lungs are jacked up from 1 too many sand storm, i can't inhale a cig over a marlboro menthol light

cigars? MMM dominican cuban seed finger'ish (any of the 6 or 10 different ones) sized rum soaked i dont even light it until ive chewed half of it

try cohiba or a cuaba divinos

Author:  oddball [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
well one, i cant stand to smoke indoors,

Yeah me too. Matter of fact, I don't allow myself or anyone else to smoke in my home.

Author:  linewarbr [ Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

oddball wrote:
I chose "Like" since I wouldn't consider myself a cigar smoker. Occasionally I will have one with certain people during certain events and such.


I like a good cigar every now and again, but am not a regular smoker. I had a Cuban a couple months ago while in Mexico, and man, was that good! Like Bill Clinton, I do not inhale.

I dip snuff, however, about a can a day. Seriously thinking about quitting, the wife hates it and I cannot stand the idea of getting cancer because of something optional in my life.

I also smoke a pipe now and again.

Author:  oddball [ Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

linewarbr wrote:
I also smoke a pipe now and again.

Wow. You don't see that much these days. At least I don't. My dad was a pipe smoker.

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

As much as I hate tobacco, some pipe tobacco does smell good.

Author:  tan's2002kjlimited [ Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

My wife is handicapped, homebound, and smokes a pack and a half a day, inside. She doesn't have a problem with me smoking a cigar inside.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Yup! Some pipe tobacco does smell good, but I've never gotten into it, I don't think I know how to do it "Right" :lol:

I used to dip quite a bit, a can or more a day also chewed regular tobacco occasionally. It never screwed up my teeth or gums luckily

I quit dippin, and after 2 days I've only had the urge to dip like twice, that orangey yellow can of peach skoal was lookin GOOD at the gas station

I enjoyed dippin a heck of a lot more than I enjoy smokin

I think im addicted to the pestisides and whatever else in marlboro menthol lights rather than the nicotine :P

Author:  corwyyn [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:09 am ]
Post subject: 

I used to smoke a couple a month, mostly Nicaraguan, Honduran or Dominican (Aurturo Fuente, Macanudo, Hoya de Monterrey and the like). Was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD so I had to curtail my enjoyment but I do on occasion go to the dark side. I have smoked pipes in the past although they are a bit more work than a cigar. Just remember this quote "A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." :D

Author:  tan's2002kjlimited [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:46 am ]
Post subject: 

I tried a pipe, too much work. I like Capt Black, though.
I find the difference btween a cigarette and a cigar is, a cigarette
is just a 5 minute bad habit when bored (an adult pacifier), where
a cigar is a 1/2 to an hour commitment of time for enjoyment and
relaxation.

Author:  Budke [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 am ]
Post subject: 

I enjoy my black n milds, wine flavor of course.
I also like to smoke hookah. Tastes good, less harmful than cigs and cigars and a good social activity.

Author:  durangotang [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 am ]
Post subject: 

tan's2002kjlimited wrote:
where
a cigar is a 1/2 to an hour commitment of time for enjoyment and
relaxation.


I must be a lightweight... a cigar is 5 minutes of relaxation followed by 1/2 hour of dizziness and lethargy :lol:

Author:  Budke [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:21 am ]
Post subject: 

durangotang wrote:
tan's2002kjlimited wrote:
where
a cigar is a 1/2 to an hour commitment of time for enjoyment and
relaxation.


I must be a lightweight... a cigar is 5 minutes of relaxation followed by 1/2 hour of dizziness and lethargy :lol:


Thats no cigar you're smoking..... 8) :P :lol:

Author:  durangotang [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:40 am ]
Post subject: 

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I was told later that an expensive "strong" cigar was not a good choice for some one who had never tried smoking before :lol:

Author:  Neatus [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

I love cigars but limit myslef to about 2 a year...it is a great treat when I do smoke one.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

half an hour? i'm a chewer, ill chew on it all day, light it a few times throughout, let it go out, chew chew chew lol

Author:  oddball [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

durangotang wrote:
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I was told later that an expensive "strong" cigar was not a good choice for some one who had never tried smoking before :lol:

Not sure if you're serious or not?? but it makes no sense. Your not inhaling. At least I hope not. :shock:

Reminds of the time a female bartender in Memphis said I should have my first taste of White Lightnin' in a bloody mary. My rebel buddy said nonsense! Give him a shot glass. :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/