LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

"Off-Road" in Russia
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=48643
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Cobalt-60 [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:08 pm ]
Post subject:  "Off-Road" in Russia

And just think, we do this here for fun....

There, they do it just to get to the next city... :lol:

http://englishrussia.com/?p=1407

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

Thats some gooey mud :shock:

Author:  KJ-BOL [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

I remember the "Long Way Round" series with Ewan McGregor and Charlie
They did the Rad of Bones trip in their bikes but all the support team had to drive their 4x4s.
There is one episode where they almost lost an SUV and equipment - this was in Russia
Amazing series
Dreaming to do it myself.....

http://www.longwayround.com/lwr.htm

Author:  Randy B [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

Wow Thank you for posting :JEEPIN:

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

lots of countrys like that. When I was visiting my inlaws ( in Tanzania) it had rained for two days real hard. We had to walk back to their place from church after the Land Cruiser got stuck. They were telling me they were sorry and they bet I had never seen roads as bad as that before. My wife said "Wait a minute he goes out looking for roads like this just to take his Jeep on them !" The LC had worn out crappy BFG ATs on it with a very poor driver....I could of made it, if he would of let me drive it! :twisted:

Author:  Albert [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

That is some real serious mud right there. One hell of a drive I'll bet. Looks like an army type truck flipped over in that one pic.

:JEEPIN: .......... :JEEPIN: .............. I love the new smilies ....haha

:mrgreen: :BANANA: :jester: :pepper:

Author:  durangotang [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

tommudd wrote:
lots of countrys like that. When I was visiting my inlaws ( in Tanzania) it had rained for two days real hard. We had to walk back to their place from church after the Land Cruiser got stuck. They were telling me they were sorry and they bet I had never seen roads as bad as that before. My wife said "Wait a minute he goes out looking for roads like this just to take his Jeep on them !" The LC had worn out crappy BFG ATs on it with a very poor driver....I could of made it, if he would of let me drive it! :twisted:



Completely OT: This wasn't last June was it? I know some people that were doing a Capetown-Kenya-Capetown trip and got caught in similar circumstances... said it was the first time in 50 years or so that it had happened. Just curious :SOMBRERO:

Author:  nightdrv [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

I love that site. News and articles you'll never see anywhere else.

Author:  dgeist [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

Where's greiswig when you need him? I'll bet his unimog would do fine. It could make it from Washington state to Russia with a little help from a ferry in the Bering Strait, right?

Author:  Cobalt-60 [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "Off-Road" in Russia

dgeist wrote:
Where's greiswig when you need him? I'll bet his unimog would do fine. It could make it from Washington state to Russia with a little help from a ferry in the Bering Strait, right?


Hhhmmmmm,..... Unimogs...... Now there is a vehicle that I would give my left one for.... A mint condition 404 would be wonderful!!!! Not that I have a use for it... :lol:

As Tom said, African "roads" (and I use the term loosely) allow for some of the most interesting on-road off-roading (and scenic) around.

The use of a 4WD takes a whole different perspective when it is a necessity and not just an option... :wink:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/