| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New Camera Help! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=48757 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | STINGN [ Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New Camera Help! |
I'm looking for a camera, a DSLR of course...I have been using film for the past 6 years and now that inferred in no longer in production by kodak I'm looking for a DSLR. I have a Nikon N6006 AF auto film camera that I have been using for awhile and also have a Minolta SRT 101 Manual body camera... The Nikon has 2 Nikkor lenses (35-80 mm and 75-300 mm) I am looking for something between $750-$1000 and all of you camera people should be able to help me on this. My gf just got a Canon Rebel EOS XSi and she likes it...but I'm a Nikon guy and have 2 nikkor lenses and would it be better to get a Nikon or should I get a Canon like hers with a lens and just build up from there... But remember, with Nikon, I can't get a D3000 or D5000, the body has no motor to run my lenses so if anyone with a D90 can chime in or people willing to try and get me off Nikon and over to Canon can help too. Thanks, Steve |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
I don't have a DSLR but I have had 2 cannon PowerShot cameras since 2002. My first was an A40 2 megapixel with 3x zoom. Now I am using and 8 Megapixel A590 with 4x zoom. Both are very good and take great pictures for point and shoot cameras with zoom lens. I have had no trouble with either, the A40 I bought in 2002 still works, I gave it to my mother when I upgraded. Nikon is also a well respected brand if your lenses will work properly with a Nikon DSLR I would get a Nikon then. If not you can always start over with something else that you like and sell your old stuff on eBay. |
|
| Author: | 67Customs [ Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
When I shopped for a my first DSLR, I ended up deciding on the Nikon D40 v Canon Rebel XTi. The Nikon seemed to have more lens options and an a more user friendly software. It also seemed more ergonomic in my hand, lighter, but yet more solid than the Canon. I ultimately chose the Nikon and I couldn't be more happy. I do own a Canon PowerShot and it was much better than the regular Nikon digital cameras. When it comes to DSLR, Nikon seems to have a slight advantage. Both are very good cameras though. Remember though, if you are a Nikon man, down the road when you want to get another camera, your lenses should still work with the new one. Keep it in the family. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
Sorry I'm not of any real help. I'm a canon user and just upgraded from a 300D to a 500D, very excited! |
|
| Author: | Robbrez [ Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
stick with the nikon ..i recently got the D3000 and its awesome |
|
| Author: | rt_power [ Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
i have owned the Canon XSI for about 6 months now and has never let me down. its light, easy to use and takes great shots. cameras in this price range no mater what the brand or model are sure not to disappoint. just remember to look at what your end result use of the camara will be and and go from there |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
STINGN wrote: I'm looking for a camera, a DSLR of course...I have been using film for the past 6 years and now that inferred in no longer in production by kodak I'm looking for a DSLR. If you are big into infrared, you can shoot infrared in digital, it is pretty sweet. Some digi's work and some don't. I know that the rebel line of Canon's do and Fuji DSLR's do as well, don't know about Nikon but assume they might. You just have to buy a decent IR filter, HOYA 89 and 91 Infrareds seem to do the trick well. If you google digital infrared there is tons of info out there if that is your thing. As far as what is better, its pretty much personal opinion. I'm a Canon guy, so I would suggest Canon, but if you already have Nikon stuff, I would probably go with Nikon, it just makes sense. At the entry level, a lot of the DSLR's are pretty similar regardless of brand. Decide what you want in a camera and go from there. Go to Best Buy or someplace similar and mess around with them and hold them and see what feels the best in your hands. Good luck, and no matter what you end up with it will be so much better than some cheap point and shoot. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
went and checked out the D90 today and the D300....both very nice |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
STINGN wrote: went and checked out the D90 today and the D300....both very nice I love my D90. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Camera Help! |
well, another update just got back from the city (Chicago) with my gf using her EOS XSI and are friends D90 with my Nikkor lenses and I am in love with the D90...sorry Jeep, time to spoil my self soon |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|