| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Gun owners.... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49014 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Boostedxt [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | Gun owners.... |
where do you put your handgun? In my old car I had a nice spot for it, but in the KJ cant seem to locate one. This is CCW license people or people whose local laws allow it. Please keep this topic focused and 100% legal thanks joe |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
my paddle fits perfectly right infront of the passenger seatbelt catch, then i throw a hoodie over it that i always have in my jeep incase i forget my jacket i usually wear a shoulder harness so usually the paddle stays there, as does the hoodie so even at a close inspection through the window nothing changes whether it's there or not that spot with a paddle may not work for the slims and uc's , my taurus super slim 9mm with paddle had a tendancy to ride too low against the console but it's rare i carry that one |
|
| Author: | ga_repoman [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
most of the time on my right hip but the the jeep my glock fit snugly in a holster in the pocket in the door of my 04 |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
I had a soft padded holster that had a decent wide clip to it, for awhile i used it in the door pocket too, the clip kept it from sliding anywhere and tilted forward |
|
| Author: | Landy [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Shoulder Holster, Colt .45 ACP I don't leave it in Libby. |
|
| Author: | ekj [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Are you asking about carrying or storing? If carrying, your hip works nicely. If storing, check out http://www.center-of-mass.com/ car safes. |
|
| Author: | CM [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
I have a small box that I bought from Midway, I think. It has a lock and a plastic coated metal cable that secures around my drivers seat base. When I can't carry somewhere I lock it in there. It won't stop a really determined thief, but it has stopped one smash and grab from my Libby. I think it was about $30 when I bought it a couple of years ago. Hope this helps! |
|
| Author: | TexasRock [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Check this out... several on here have done this, myself included. Works great for me... viewtopic.php?f=59&t=36572 Hope you find this as useful as the rest of us have!TR |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Can you rig up something with your headrest? NOBODY would ever think to look inside there. |
|
| Author: | AZKJ [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
I have three semi-autos that I use. All three fit nicely in a soft holster shoved in between the Liberty's seat and console. In The Wrangler they fit nicely between the area between the parking brake handle and the console.... |
|
| Author: | Boostedxt [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Thanks for the replies everyone. I LOVE that modification to mount it to the seat rail. I am going to try that! I have been using between the seat and the center console area but its awefully tight to get my hand down there should I need it. I will say this though...driving with an IWB holster is so much nicer in the Liberty than it was in my STI..lol joe |
|
| Author: | ArcherAce [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
+1 for the center of mass safe. Vehicle storage and transportation laws vary from state to state. I know here in Ohio some of the above mentioned carry/transport methods would be illegal. Please be sure you know your state laws. |
|
| Author: | 67Customs [ Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Tokyojoe wrote: Can you rig up something with your headrest? NOBODY would ever think to look inside there. You did and now more people will.lol I keep mine on my person. |
|
| Author: | Signcutter21 [ Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
You will not know if I have it carried on me, with me or not at all. The whole point of being concealed. I wouldn't want to post where I left it on the internet anyway. Ya never know who's looking. |
|
| Author: | KoRnyBrad [ Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
I keep one on each bicep. Got your tickets? p.s. If you would ever see me in person this would be even more funny! |
|
| Author: | RenegadeMarine [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
I always carry my Glock 19 on my hip (IWB) everywhere I go. I have found that the 19 will fit in the center console when I am going in somewhere (for a short period of time) that I cannot carry it. I would never leave it in the jeep overnight or for an extended period of time. I also have a lock box in the back that I use if I decide to have a couple drinks while I am out (MI Law). |
|
| Author: | Xodius [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
I keep my XDM 9mm on me at nearly all times. I have a K&D holster for it. Great holster, I highly recommend them. Takes a bit of time to get but they are great. Awesome craftsmanship. All leather. If you asking about places on the KJ to stash it...not sure. I have yet to do that |
|
| Author: | CRD Joe [ Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Mine are mostly always on my hip. If they arent Ive kept them in the drivers door pocket. Sometimes I lay in on the pax seat with a t-shirt over it. Handle facing me. |
|
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrSGiJG25E4 |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Gun owners.... |
That rocks, nice pistol and nice Renegade! |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|