LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Some pics:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49128
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:33 am ]
Post subject:  Some pics:

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this, at one point I was really worried but the Jeep managed to pull through just fine:

Image
Image

But then I realized the road was closed, so I turned around and came back:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:55 am ]
Post subject:  Some pics:

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this, at one point I was really worried but the Jeep managed to pull through just fine:

Image
Image

But then I realized the road was closed, so I turned around and came back:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

good job on the picture mirroring

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

ohhh you little trixter!

everyone knows roof mounted cargo boxes double for a boat and float!

:P

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

SCUDA

Self Contained Underwater Driving Apparatus

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

:ROTFL:

Good one!

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

JeepBumm68 wrote:
good job on the picture mirroring


picture mirroring? You mean keep keeping the frame the same because its on a Tripod?

Author:  Budke [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

Why no pics of the jeep midway?? :evil:

I think you cheated and went around. :-)r

Author:  STINGN [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

i just want to know where the water stopped on the vehicle

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

He has the
Super Fast Dry Off button as well ,
no water dripping off of it coming up out of the water!

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

Budke wrote:
Why no pics of the jeep midway?? :evil:

I think you cheated and went around. :-)r


I did post a pic of the Jeep midway:
Image

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


My Name is:
Image

And I drive a:
Image

But I also own a:
Image

And here is my jeep:
Image

And like the sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.....
Image
Image
Image

Author:  Budke [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

Sir Sam wrote:
Budke wrote:
Why no pics of the jeep midway?? :evil:

I think you cheated and went around. :-)r


I did post a pic of the Jeep midway:
Image



Its a submarine jeep!! :JEEPIN:

Author:  STINGN [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

or it has wings

Author:  UFO [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

Amazing! Your Jeep can cross fully submerged? :grim:

And daring that crossing, why care if the road is "closed"?

Author:  geordi [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

It looks like it could be a setup... But the perspective of the car on the other side is pretty good. How do you explain the approach angles to the water tho? Those are steep enough on both sides that the Jeep would have been imminently submerged, and the airbox on those older Cherokees isn't that high up.

Author:  dgeist [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

Clever photo sequence. Do you know how deep the middle actually IS? I'm guessing that's a flooded ravine and it's at least 20+ feet deep.

Author:  Biosmell [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

A couple of obvious give aways:

1. No water coming off the jeep. Must be some wax job or extremly hot to repel/dry water off that quick.

2. Notice the tire marks on the road on both sides. No change.

3. Even if submerged with no snorkle (scuba tank rigged to the intake?) there would be a surface ripple.

Nice try :jester:

El Jefe

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some pics:

UFO wrote:
And daring that crossing, why care if the road is "closed"?


Don't want johnny law to give me a ticket.

geordi wrote:
It looks like it could be a setup... But the perspective of the car on the other side is pretty good. How do you explain the approach angles to the water tho? Those are steep enough on both sides that the Jeep would have been imminently submerged, and the airbox on those older Cherokees isn't that high up.


A setup of what? Isn't it pretty obvious that I drove around to the other side and just took some more pics?

dgeist wrote:
Clever photo sequence. Do you know how deep the middle actually IS? I'm guessing that's a flooded ravine and it's at least 20+ feet deep.


I'd estimate more than 50, but not over 100', its a lake caused by the dam formed from when they built the new highway, you can see the damm is fairly tall in person.

Image

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/