| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Digger http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49195 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | JeepBumm68 [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Digger |
So what were you doing this weekend on the side of I-70 Helping a blue Libby. |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Digger |
I was playing Digger's Recovery and Repair service...... More info in the next post |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Digger |
That was my buddy's 05 CRD. OK, so about 6 or 8 months ago, we replaced his front drive shaft with a new one from Napa. It was a conversion shaft that used u joints at both ends instead of the CV's. He called me and told me that he was sitting on the side of the highway, a u joint has blown up and the jeep won't move when in drive. So with out seeing it, I think well, maybe he blew up a rear u joint. I get a few more tools than what I already carry and go out there thinking I'll end up installing a u joint on the side of the road. I went down Colfax, and cut across that field to get to them. I got out and once I saw the rear half of the front drive shaft laying on the ground, I went F***.... I took off the front half of the shaft and when I looked at the rear, I knew I was going to have to tow it. The rear yoke basically blew up while he was doing 75ish...... when it went, it punchered the fuel lines, took a nice chunk out of the tail shaft housing on the trans, destroyed the t case linkage and every bracket in that area. All I can say is I'm glad it was a CRD...... I ended up towing it to the Flying J and then ran him, his wife, and kid back to Bennett. Him and his dad came back later with a car carrier and towed it back...... |
|
| Author: | nightdrv [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Digger |
Faulty part? |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Digger |
nightdrv wrote: Faulty part? That would be my guess.... bad casting of the yoke |
|
| Author: | JeepBumm68 [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Digger |
darn dude that sucks. All the from a bad part. |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Digger |
Yep... Wish I would have gotten some pictures
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|