| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Off Road Dream http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49489 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Off Road Dream |
Had a dream last night that I was running a rather stock Green on Black Bear Pass in Colorado and with a little help from my wife and her Jeep was actually getting it done. The only mods being front bumper cover removal and tow points front and rear. Was very worried about my unprotected oil and trans pans though. http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=79 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bear_Road |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzWyZ-jM9Is |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
I think it's a sign... Grumpy needs to run Black Bear
|
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
Grumpy I hope to one day, but Green is supposed to stay nice. I have a topo of the Rubicon Trail posted on my wall at work. One of my other goals for Grumpy. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
GOOO GRUMPY!!! Going Neutral all downhill from here |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
I've run black bear in a stock cherokee a couple of times no problem. To do it in a KJ you would want at least 2-3 inches of lift. I wouldn't take my CRD over black bear without some lift and some real skids. My stock XJ though, she don't complain. |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
Make some skids, beef up the brakes, then grumpy could make it. |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
If he goes down in reverse it's technically an uphill...right? |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
Hey now, Grumpy won't be making the trip until certain issues are resolved. |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
ihatemybike wrote: Hey now, Grumpy won't be making the trip until certain issues are resolved. Hows grumpy coming along? Are you still going to make the rally in June? |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
Grumpy's main problem currently is failure to pass emissions. I'm thinking it's a bad exhaust valve. Shouldn't have any problem running the rally, but transfer case, transmission and alignment would keep it away from mountain trails. I think I have all the parts I need on my parts van, just need to get the wrenching done. |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
I'm glad we don't have emissions testing here. That V8 ranger I had would never pass. Would have missed out on all the fun. |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
Sir Sam wrote: I wouldn't take my CRD over black bear without some lift and some real skids. Dan would! |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
KJ 119 wrote: Sir Sam wrote: I wouldn't take my CRD over black bear without some lift and some real skids. Dan would! I'll spot. We'll get him through. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
ihatemybike wrote: KJ 119 wrote: Sir Sam wrote: I wouldn't take my CRD over black bear without some lift and some real skids. Dan would! I'll spot. We'll get him through. You can goto the top of black bear pass no problem, but the telluride side of it is one way, and is a fair amount rougher than the red mountain pass side. Sounds like I need to post some pictures of black bear pass, its very scenic. |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
Been down it once already. I'd have a bit of rock placing to do, but I think I could get a stock CRD down it without damage. |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Off Road Dream |
yellocoyote wrote: How big of a parachute do you need for an Astro van for it be effective? ![]() A bandana should do. kskj wrote: I'm glad we don't have emissions testing here. That V8 ranger I had would never pass. Would have missed out on all the fun. If Aaron would move about 10 miles west of where he is now, he wouldn't have to worry either. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|