LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Adjust Your Mirrors
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50222
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ihatemybike [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Adjust Your Mirrors

The right way.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10q1/how_to_adjust_your_mirrors_to_avoid_blind_spots-feature

I've been doing it this way for years.

Author:  STINGN [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

same, but I also got the little blind spot circles on my mirrors love them!

Author:  kskj [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

Works great, the company i work for had us do this on all the company vans a couple of years ago. Now all mine are adjusted this way.

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

No blind spots when you use your mirrors and look back while you tilt your head a little as you do it. Quickly. I always look back to be sure.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

Personally for me I have to leave the mirror where I can see the very edge of my car otherwise I cannot tell where my mirror is, it may show me better where the vehicle is out in space, but I have no idea where that vehicle is in relation to mine.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

yellocoyote wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Personally for me I have to leave the mirror where I can see the very edge of my car otherwise I cannot tell where my mirror is, it may show me better where the vehicle is out in space, but I have no idea where that vehicle is in relation to mine.


Agree. I am the same way when I adjust the mirrors... even if all I can see are the door handles, I still need something for reference.


Yup, exactly. Just the smallest edge so I know where it is for reference, I know there is a blind spot, but I also know where it is to check it.

Author:  ihatemybike [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

With my mirrors adjusted this way other vehicles are never out of my site. As a vehicle overtakes me, they start in my rear view (behind me), move over to my side view (on my back corner), then enter my peripheral (beside me). Much easier to know what's going on around me with a quick glance to keep my attention on what is really important, what's ahead of me.

I started out setting my mirrors to the side of the vehicle, driving in Chicago I learned to set my mirrors this way and it helps big time. The only blind spots are areas that another vehicle would already be into your sheet metal to be in. In other words, where it is already too late.

Author:  InCommando [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

yellocoyote wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Personally for me I have to leave the mirror where I can see the very edge of my car otherwise I cannot tell where my mirror is, it may show me better where the vehicle is out in space, but I have no idea where that vehicle is in relation to mine.


Agree. I am the same way when I adjust the mirrors... even if all I can see are the door handles, I still need something for reference.


A suggestion:

Most people naturally turn their head and lean toward the door mirrors when they actually use them, but adjust them from the normal driving position. If you need to see your car, adjusting those mirrors so that you can see the edge of your car in the final position you end up in, not as you are sitting looking more or less forward, increases your rear view as you see a small "sweep" as your head turns/tilts.

Just a thought...

Author:  Budke [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

I have mine adjusted to where I can just see the door handles. Its good to have them like that when wheeling so you don't nail trees and when mall crawling so you don't hit other cars.
Don't worry about having the blind spot in the mirror because I always turn my head to look through my back windows and I lean to see my blind spot in the mirror too.
Saved me many times so I continue to do it.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Adjust Your Mirrors

InCommando wrote:
yellocoyote wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Personally for me I have to leave the mirror where I can see the very edge of my car otherwise I cannot tell where my mirror is, it may show me better where the vehicle is out in space, but I have no idea where that vehicle is in relation to mine.


Agree. I am the same way when I adjust the mirrors... even if all I can see are the door handles, I still need something for reference.


A suggestion:

Most people naturally turn their head and lean toward the door mirrors when they actually use them, but adjust them from the normal driving position. If you need to see your car, adjusting those mirrors so that you can see the edge of your car in the final position you end up in, not as you are sitting looking more or less forward, increases your rear view as you see a small "sweep" as your head turns/tilts.

Just a thought...


Thats pretty much exactly what I do, swing my head over like I am looking out the mirror(which isn't much but it is some).

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/