LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Converting Dock Icons to PNG
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50768
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Drucifer [ Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Converting Dock Icons to PNG

I'm doing weather forecast for my Mets Paradise game threads this year and the best set of weather icons that I have found so far are these . . . .

Image

. . . . but they seem to come only in OS X Dock file format.

So does anyone know how I can download and convert these to png format?

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

whats the file you are working with?

I have no idea what your trying to do, but you might be able to right click on the file a view package contents, and look for the icon files in there.

Author:  Drucifer [ Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

Drucifer wrote:
File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock


Are these the ones you want?
http://colorado4wheel.com/images/misc/N ... therIcons/

Author:  Drucifer [ Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock


Are these the ones you want?
http://colorado4wheel.com/images/misc/N ... therIcons/
Yes.

I grab 'em. Did notice some numbers were skipped. Wonder if there is another file somewhere.

Now what the hell is an 'odock' file? I spend a large part of the day looking for the program the odock files are for and all I keep finding are 'doc' & 'dock' references.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

Drucifer wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock


Are these the ones you want?
http://colorado4wheel.com/images/misc/N ... therIcons/
Yes.

I grab 'em. Did notice some numbers were skipped. Wonder if there is another file somewhere.

Now what the hell is an 'odock' file? I spend a large part of the day looking for the program the odock files are for and all I keep finding are 'doc' & 'dock' references.


It would be really helpful if you posted your original file you are working with.

EDIT: I also went back and double checked the file I was working with, I didn't miss any, thats all that came in the file, if a number is missing it wasn't in the file I found online.

Author:  Drucifer [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

This is the only place I found the file.

Even its creator doesn't list it on his site.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

ok yes, thats where I found the file, then thats all the images it contained

Author:  Drucifer [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

But what is an 'odock' file?

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

Drucifer wrote:
But what is an 'odock' file?


fancy way to refer to a zip file, OSX does the same thing with with .crd files that are actually .iso's

Author:  corwyyn [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
But what is an 'odock' file?


fancy way to refer to a zip file, OSX does the same thing with with .crd files that are actually .iso's

Wow the stuff you learn on this site :)

Just for grins I downloaded the file and changed the extension to .zip, then I was able to extract all the png images into a folder. Nice little tidbit of info to file away for the future ;)

Author:  Drucifer [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG

corwyyn wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
But what is an 'odock' file?


fancy way to refer to a zip file, OSX does the same thing with with .crd files that are actually .iso's

Wow the stuff you learn on this site :)

Just for grins I downloaded the file and changed the extension to .zip, then I was able to extract all the png images into a folder. Nice little tidbit of info to file away for the future ;)
Thanks, there is a lot dock files I kinda breezed over. Now I'm going back for a second look, especially at those folder types.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/